GTX 1060 FPS DROP AFTER INSTALLING THE NEW DRIVER (ver 417.22)(FIXED)

Hi, my laptop is an acer predator helios 300, after updating the nvidia driver i started to notice that my fps was well below what it should have in fortnite i was easly hitting 60fps(with v-sync) and now im only hitting 30 fps or below, i tried re installing the driver (version 417.22) but it didnt do anything, if someone can help me it would great thanks

Download an older version.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

that sounds more like something went wonk with installing the driver..

hoiw about trying to reinstall the currernt version, rather than going back to an old one?

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that sounds more like something went wonk with installing the driver..

hoiw about trying to reinstall the currernt version, rather than going back to an old one?

i tried re installing the new version but it didnt work

Just now, Rzch said:

i tried re installing the new version but it didnt work

describe the way you reinstalled them?

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

describe the way you reinstalled them?

i just use the normal geforce experience program and hit reinstall driver

Just now, Rzch said:

i just use the normal geforce experience program

uninstall it all, download installer from nvidia's website, and reinstall it all.

Just now, manikyath said:

uninstall it all, download installer from nvidia's website, and reinstall it all.

so just DDU it?

Just now, Rzch said:

so just DDU it?

essentially.

Just now, manikyath said:

essentially.

ok thanks, im going to try it

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

essentially.

hey i just finish ddu ing it but it didnt fix it

should i try an older version driver?

Funnily enough I've just installed the latest Nvidia drivers, 417.22, and ever since have been getting sporadic display flickering. I wonder if this is a bad update?

10 minutes ago, Rzch said:

should i try an older version driver?

Won't hurt. Do the same process of using DDU to remove the current driver version and then install one of the older versions from this list (search for your card and OS) https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Funnily enough I've just installed the latest Nvidia drivers, 417.22, and ever since have been getting sporadic display flickering. I wonder if this is a bad update?

Won't hurt. Do the same process of using DDU to remove the current driver version and then install one of the older versions from this list (search for your card and OS) https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

ok thanks

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

do i need to install geforce experience first or no?

1 minute ago, Rzch said:

do i need to install geforce experience first or no?

No. It's optional.

Just now, Spotty said:

No. It's optional.

ok

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No. It's optional.

wait does it automatically install geforce experience?

4 minutes ago, Rzch said:

wait does it automatically install geforce experience?

When you install the Nvidia drivers there's an option to install the drivers by themselves, or the drivers and GeForce experience. By default the box for drivers with GeForce experience is already selected so if you don't want to install it you need to check the other box that says drivers only.

If you check the box to install both, then it will automatically install the GeForce experience software when it installs the drivers.

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

When you install the Nvidia drivers there's an option to install the drivers by themselves, or the drivers and GeForce experience. By default the box for drivers with GeForce experience is already selected so if you don't want to install it you need to check the other box that says drivers only.

If you check the box to install both, then it will automatically install the GeForce experience software when it installs the drivers.

ok thanks its fixed now, so im guesing that driver was just bad

Latest Nvidia drivers are pure garbage, people are getting issues all over the internet. 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold