Next-Generation Console or new PC build?

Max Eckhardt
On 12/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, Max Eckhardt said:

So you don’t think the next gen consoles will have a better CPU than what I have? 

Basically, a console has a GPU way lower in equivalent to the PC GPUs. It's not about the CPU, but GPU is way lower than what we have available on the PC GPU market currently.

The GPUs in the consoles equivalent to which PC GPU, check them out here..

http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/graphicscardcomparison

If you buy a next gen console, you only win on it's cheaper and all the games are optimized to the hardware inside the console so it looks smooth at 30fps, along with time, it will outdated without you can do anything to it to keep up..

Even an Xbox One X GPU equivalent is only the GTX 1060 3Gb while currently we have RTX or in the 1000 series, we have GTX 1080 Ti as the best one. GTX 1060 3Gb is waaaaaaaay to far or to low than what we have here now.

I wonder what is your next gen console GPU equivalent would be.. Let's see..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

17 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Well its not just ram speed but also memory timings too that change.

And with Ryzens architecture yes the faster speed ram the better as its infinity fabric technology has a rather unique memory scaling to it.

Ryzen would certainly never work on the limitations of DDR3, the way AMD designed it takes advantage of high speed memory far more than its intel counterparts.

AMD's Ryzen is just as revolutionary as Merom was for intel.

Heck Intel still uses Merom as its base for its architecture, they only shrunk its dye size and increased its speed over time (this also explains the meltdown and spectre issue and why it goes so far back)

I see.

Thanks for explaining.

14 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Basically, a console has a GPU way lower in equivalent to the PC GPUs. It's not about the CPU, but GPU is way lower than what we have available on the PC GPU market currently.

The GPUs in the consoles equivalent to which PC GPU, check them out here..

http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/graphicscardcomparison

If you buy a next gen console, you only win on it's cheaper and all the games are optimized to the hardware inside the console so it looks smooth at 30fps, along with time, it will outdated without you can do anything to it to keep up..

Even an Xbox One X GPU equivalent is only the GTX 1060 3Gb while currently we have RTX or in the 1000 series, we have GTX 1080 Ti as the best one. GTX 1060 3Gb is waaaaaaaay to far or to low than what we have here now.

I wonder what is your next gen console GPU equivalent would be.. Let's see..

Coming over from console this gen i was mightily impressed with playing last gen games on the PC. The Arkham games for example.

i I’m able to play them in 4K on ultra.

If I wanted to play them on console i would have to buy them again for £50 and even then they would be capped at 1080p/30fps/high settings.