LG 34WK95U works at 5120 x 2160 @ 60Hz on a 980ti with DP1.2?

James Meadowcroft

Just installed my new LG 34WK95U and purchased a RTX2070 with DP1.4 so I could achieve full resolution @ 60Hz, but decided to check if it worked with my 980ti with DP1.2 before I opened the new box. Somehow it works at full resolution and at 60Hz. Can't see how this is possible but I'm not complaining. I've confirmed the refresh rate with UFO.

Confirmed on this video: 

and stated in a slip in the box, this shouldn't work with processors earlier then the 10 series.

Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, James Meadowcroft said:

Just installed my new LG 34WK95U and purchased a RTX2070 with DP1.4 so I could achieve full resolution @ 60Hz, but decided to check if it worked with my 980ti with DP1.2 before I opened the new box. Somehow it works at full resolution and at 60Hz. Can't see how this is possible but I'm not complaining. I've confirmed the refresh rate with UFO.

Confirmed on this video: 

and stated in a slip in the box, this shouldn't work with processors earlier then the 10 series.

Any ideas?

It's within the limits of DP 1.2, so no surprises here really.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=maximum_limits

22 minutes ago, James Meadowcroft said:

Weird of them to show it as incompatible then... thanks for that.

kinda like buying ram that the motherboard site doesn't "support" but you still end up running your rated speed.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu