Best "Bassy" Speakers?

Timbs

It is time that I start trying to upgrade my sound system. I currently use the Logitech Z523, and the aux jack that plugs into the computer is quite finnicky. To the point where only the left or right speaker will work, or I just get static. But this isn't my only problem. I need more bass. I want a bigger, more powerful, and even a ported box would be amazing to have in my home setup. I really like the look of the Logitech Z5500, but that is still pretty expensive, and I don't have the room for surround sound. What does everyone recommend that I get? Or, should I just say screw it, and ghetto rig a car audio system under my desk?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

You can get a soundbar for 200 - 300 nowadays that include a nice subwoofer. Sound fantastic too. I use Samsung, but other brands are available. Probably best on a budget. 

Something with a sub.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 hours ago, circeseye said:

how about just adding a powered sub

I don't think he can afford that, plus the speakers.

With any PC audio system, eventually the volume will take over the bass sound.  You don't want that then you need 1k speaker setup.  Soo honestly just go with Logitech 2.1 THX system or Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media.  The Pro Media is better unit but you won't tell the sound difference unless your a hardcore audiophile.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

12 hours ago, circeseye said:

how about just adding a powered sub

That is the route I have been wanting to go down for quite a while, but the only problem I have is space. My desk is shoved inside of a corner, with very little room for my legs to fit, and my PC tower. Although I am going to be building a wider desk here sometime soon, I still will run into the problem of space. I have some 6x9s I can use, but I would need to make a shelf for them. I have a spare Kicker C12 and a 500W amp leftover from a friend that I could use, but I mocked everything up and it would take up over 25% of my floor space

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

17 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

All depends on budget.

My budget is anything below $200. Not much, but its better than nothing

5 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

I don't think he can afford that, plus the speakers.

With any PC audio system, eventually the volume will take over the bass sound.  You don't want that then you need 1k speaker setup.  Soo honestly just go with Logitech 2.1 THX system or Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media.  The Pro Media is better unit but you won't tell the sound difference unless your a hardcore audiophile.

How is the high tones? And is the subwoofer on the Promedia very powerful? I need something with meaty bass that carries, and doesn't kick very hard, with not very prevalent high end notes due to sensitive hearing

On 12/6/2018 at 11:25 PM, Timbs said:

It is time that I start trying to upgrade my sound system. I currently use the Logitech Z523, and the aux jack that plugs into the computer is quite finnicky. To the point where only the left or right speaker will work, or I just get static. But this isn't my only problem. I need more bass. I want a bigger, more powerful, and even a ported box would be amazing to have in my home setup. I really like the look of the Logitech Z5500, but that is still pretty expensive, and I don't have the room for surround sound. What does everyone recommend that I get? Or, should I just say screw it, and ghetto rig a car audio system under my desk?

If you want more bass for the similar budget get maybe Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UCXJD8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QE1cCbJ305SV5 with another extra subwoofer likr the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QF1cCb2B82H1T . You could always consider that virtual surround stuff but it costs more and idk how it sounds. If the speaker is too much get Monoprice 108247 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System, Six https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YLQUWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1I1cCb1VM47HN with the extra subwoofer. (The subwoofer is what makes the bass if you didn't know) I know the extra subwoofer goes over budget but the speakers have good bass without it. ??

13 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

If you want more bass for the similar budget get maybe Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UCXJD8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QE1cCbJ305SV5 with another extra subwoofer likr the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QF1cCb2B82H1T . You could always consider that virtual surround stuff but it costs more and idk how it sounds. If the speaker is too much get Monoprice 108247 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System, Six https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YLQUWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1I1cCb1VM47HN with the extra subwoofer. (The subwoofer is what makes the bass if you didn't know) I know the extra subwoofer goes over budget but the speakers have good bass without it. ??

The only problem I have with running 5.1 systems is that I have no room, and nowhere to put the extra speakers. Probably should've put that I can only really use 2.1 systems. And yes, I know the subwoofers make the bass, lol. I'm currently running 2 Kicker C12s on a JL JX1000W amp in my Suburban, so I know a little bit about subwoofers and how to get the best bass out of them, its just that my current audio system is crap

Take a look at logitech z623's

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)