H100i vs Cryorig R1 Universal

Big Head Tech

So I am comparing the 2 for a video I am working on.  I have a very small ATX case (Fractal Design Meshify) and use the R1.  I also had an H100I Laying around.  I hooked up 2 NZXT Static pressure fans to it and mounted it up top,  Even in Cinebench, the R1 is getting a difference of 13-14*C.  I really expected it to be closer.  Cooler is top mounted because my vega 64 has 5mm of front clearance :(.  I have to wonder if my H100I is failing.  Sure it sat for a year but it had little use.  Thermal paste spread seemed fine, used cryorig's stuff on both.  Cinebench on my 2700x 4.1GHz OC @ 1.4V is pushing 81*C after normalized to 20*C vs 67*C.

My h100i is working like a charm I guess you got unlucky?

How old is the H100i? It may have evaporated some liquid and gotten air bubbles (Or the fins could've had a bit of *dust in them).

I had a H100 for 5+ years until it died of pump failure. No noises or anything, just hot temps and a cool radiator.

*dust:

IMG_0144.thumb.JPG.44de6147583a9f94978576b608e6f6c2.JPG

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, PC Budget Solutions said:

NZXT Static pressure fans

What fans? NZXT doesn't have any good fans for static pressure. 

Using the H100i as exhaust will generally result in worse cpu temps than as intake. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans? NZXT doesn't have any good fans for static pressure. 

Using the H100i as exhaust will generally result in worse cpu temps than as intake. 

Well the fans are pretty flat compared to.more.open fans. I'm curious if my pump is failing or it has air bubbles  it's fine if it's working as intended but I need a conclusion for my video if possible xD.

11 hours ago, PC Budget Solutions said:

Well the fans are pretty flat compared to.more.open fans. I'm curious if my pump is failing or it has air bubbles  it's fine if it's working as intended but I need a conclusion for my video if possible xD.

Just flat or wide as well? Have many fan blades does it have? If you're referring to their Aer fans, they're pretty bad for rads. Their Aer P should be better but still perform worse than the stock SP120L's on the H100i. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Just flat or wide as well? Have many fan blades does it have? If you're referring to their Aer fans, they're pretty bad for rads. Their Aer P should be better but still perform worse than the stock SP120L's on the H100i. 

Ahh yes, .88mm/h20 vs 3.1mm/h20