Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreaper

In need of advice for TV buying.

I edited my post above. And you’re correct. With the Samsung’s and LG’s, their higher tier models are good. Their low ends, TCL beats them. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

For $100 maybe not. And don't bank on a "replacement because it's faulty". Manufacturers warranties are complete and utter trash. They do anything to get out of it. Seen it every day working retail. 5 series is basically a 6 series minus the contrast control zones. The 6 has 96 zones, the 5 doesn't have any zones. Just a typical edge lit. But does support HDR10 and Dolby Vision. You're paying for the contrast control on the 6 series.

They would be close, the 5 and the 7100. Also, do you want Roku TV as an OS, or Samsung's OS? These things matter.

I don't really care, either is fine 

29 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

You won't be unhappy with either one. If you feel Samsung is a better bet, because they do have better quality control, go that route. Less headache if anything did go wrong.

Alright, the 6 series is out of my range unless it drops below 600, I think I'll go with the Samsung unless Dolby vision is worth the possible pain of returning a TV

Here's the thing. Yes it has "dolby vision" but it's still not a premium panel. It's still a $600 tv. If you want DV down the road, get yourself maybe a Sony 900 series with full array or OLED. There's where you see a huge difference.

Get the Samsung. Be happy with it. The 55" 7100 is $499 at best buy right now.

29 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Here's the thing. Yes it has "dolby vision" but it's still not a premium panel. It's still a $600 tv. If you want DV down the road, get yourself maybe a Sony 900 series with full array or OLED. There's where you see a huge difference.

Get the Samsung. Be happy with it. The 55" 7100 is $499 at best buy right now.

The TCL 6 was on sale for sub 600 at best buy so I bought that with a 2 year protection plan 

1 minute ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Hey man, just be happy with your purchase! You're worry free with that. You'll be happy. Piece of mind with that protection for such a minimal amount is very nice.

Yeah and I'm coming from a meh 1080p TV so anything is a upgrade really