Battery storage

Go to solution Solved by Hackentosher,

Yeah don't do that. They are more dangerous when they are fully charged because there is more energy in them that can cause problems, and it damages them chemically so they wont work as well when you need them later. Storage voltage for lithium cells is 3.8v per cell, so drain them to within .05V of that is my rule of thumb.

I want to fully charge some lipo and li-ion batteries.. and store the charged batteries... For future use...but how often should I re charge them or check on them?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Cucumber said:

I want to fully charge some lipo and li-ion batteries.. and store the charged batteries... For future use...but how often should I re charge them or check on them?

Lipo bateries should not be stored fully charged. If you want to store them, discharge them to half of their max capacity. 

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

Yeah don't do that. They are more dangerous when they are fully charged because there is more energy in them that can cause problems, and it damages them chemically so they wont work as well when you need them later. Storage voltage for lithium cells is 3.8v per cell, so drain them to within .05V of that is my rule of thumb.

ASU