Is Windows Mail in W10 the same as Outlook?

Canada EH

Why the use of the word App instead of Programs and where is my cane grandson!?

Here is the deal, for some reason, I have to install Outlook.

Normal Outlook ended in 2013 not inc Home & Student, which is what they bought. Outlook is available in 2010, in 2007 except H&S.

Had 2007 or maybe 2003 somewhere, but that key is long gone.

They've tried Thunderbird, but the fixation on Outlook is real. Clueless to Bills 365 steady money stream of greed, not sure what else to do.

Can D/L Office 2013 from Bills website. The key is another story.

What happens when you buy a cheap MS key online, and it turns out the seller sold the same key many times over, and Bill finds out about it?

Moving onwards

Alternatives to Outlook.

Its a ISP email address.

1. Mailbird

If the complicated layout and user interface is your biggest qualm with Outlook, then Mailbird is definitely one of the best alternatives to Outlook out there. Mailbird is designed around the user—a clean user interface, an intuitive user experience and simple design that allows for quick navigation through the app. It’s because of this that most people can master the application within 5 minutes, whereas Outlook can take days or longer to get used to.

A common concern of those not familiar with Mailbird is that it doesn’t have as many features as Outlook. This is not the case. In fact, in many ways, Mailbird’s features are more sophisticated than Outlook’s, and they are delivered in a way that doesn’t clutter or complicate your experience using the app.

2. Gmail - funny how I just upchucked a bit there

3. eM Client

eM Client is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Outlook as far as user interface and experience goes. It offers a simple, user-friendly design that is not complicated by too many bells and whistles. The layout is also customizable to your preferences, which makes the experience even easier on the user. It has a built-in calendar and instant messaging app, and it supports all the main email provider (e.g., Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.).

4. Thunderbird I mentioned, they tried it, figure I will give them more options to try.

5. Windows Mail

The Windows Mail app is a contender for an Outlook alternative due to its simple setup and use. While it won’t have as many features as the other email clients on this list, it comes with a Window 10 operating system, and therefore requires much less effort to start using. Windows Mail is best for people with simple needs, focusing primarily on basic email communication. (Note: If you are not a Windows user, the nearly identical alternative on Mac would be Apple Mail.)

Windows 10 Mail vs. Outlook: Should You Switch?

The Windows 10 Mail app replaces the need for Outlook, at least for many users. As with most apps, you’ll love some features, but find yourself missing others. We asked: Is Windows 10 Mail worth the switch from Outlook?

If you’ve used Outlook 2016 or 2013, you’ll notice that the Windows 10 Mail app is essentially the stripped down version of the more powerful Outlook.

Mail app is made more for individuals instead of businesses

Features, such as ignoring conversations, emptying the delete and junk folders, reporting as junk and creating new folders, are absent in the app

You can still send, receive and organize messages. Before completely switching, it’s a good idea to test out the app to see if it offers all the features you want or if Outlook is still the better option for you. You can install and run the free app simultaneously with your Outlook, so there’s no risk in trying it out.

eM Client is worth considering.

Also - Opera Mail is nice, even if discontinued (not so much changes happens if we're talking about emails, so even old Presto renderer is enough for email client).

The Bat is nice (but hard to configure), Pegasus Mail may be nice (but extremely hard to configure).

There is no one perfect email client right now on the market. You may choose some stupid IMAP only clients works like webmail or email clients that are good but looks like authors still likes win98 style programs (separate windows for every task? come on - browsers has tabs for years!).

I'm still waiting for one good email client.

I'll be honest Outlook 2016 is pretty decent, I use it at the office.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

As a student, I get the newest version(s) Office 365 for free. But honestly, I find the interface too hard to use for some reason, so I don't bother using Outlook. The only Office 365 app I use sometimes is MS Word.

Why don't you like Gmail lol? Gmail has a nice interface IMO.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

If you have outlook available I'd use it. I tend to not have my mail going anywhere but my macbook and iphone though. I don't want to get the constant mail notifications while I'm playing a game.