Huawei CFO Arrested

carpentry2010
1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Still, the China/Intelligence Backdoors are an actual issue, on all of the ends, so it's not like they aren't fighting over something quite real. I just wish there was less lying about it.

The only evidence I've seen and heard of that comes under spying/intelligence hasn't been to do with the devices or firmware etc. A lot of that has already be inspected very heavily, the danger there is if that changes in 2-5 years.

What I have actually seen in spying is the real physical human form of it with these companies. Contract information has gotten leaked, secure information about sensitive networks, unrelated documents to the project stolen etc. There's a couple of stories I have heard where this has happened, it's the most common quoted reason for banning those Chinese companies. I may know of an example of this here at my own work with a certain company, but I can't confirm or deny anything ?.

HK01 News (In Chinese)

According to a news paper in Hong Kong, a publication ban was issued to the case by the Supreme Court of British Columbia. So we probably won't hear a lot of news about this crap, at least until the end or something. :( 

Also, fun fact, Meng holds Hong Kong ID card... At least she's still a Chinese citizen, unlike every other relatives of Chinese officials. (Xi Jinping's daughter is rumored to be a US citizen)

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

The only evidence I've seen and heard of that comes under spying/intelligence hasn't been to do with the devices or firmware etc. A lot of that has already be inspected very heavily, the danger there is if that changes in 2-5 years.

What I have actually seen in spying is the real physical human form of it with these companies. Contract information has gotten leaked, secure information about sensitive networks, unrelated documents to the project stolen etc. There's a couple of stories I have heard where this has happened, it's the most common quoted reason for banning those Chinese companies. I may know of an example of this here at my own work with a certain company, but I can't confirm or deny anything ?.

Chinese tech companies should be outright banned from operation in Western nations. It's been true since the beginning. Their "thousand leaves on the wind" Intelligence gathering approach means every Chinese National in your country is an intelligence agent, by definition. China also runs state-sponsored IP Theft groups and hacking contractors to steal tech. 

This has been known for two decades, which is why the recent 5G dust up is both surprising in its visibility and insulting in the "and THIS is what you get worked up about?" nature.

It's like ZTE all over again.

Oh well more room for Xiaomi and Oneplus to take over.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Editorial of Global Times 环球时报 (In Chinese)

Comments of Global Times's Editor-in-chief

(Global Times is under the auspices of the People's Daily newspaper, which is an official news paper of the Chinese Communist Party)

Both of those have similar stance (after all, both are probably from Wu, the editor-in-chief). Both of them claimed that the US failed to defeat Huawei and thus use nasty means. Wu (on his Weibo) claimed that Chinese should view the arrest as a declaration of war. However, he also claimed that it's not yet time for the Chinese government to response in force. The editorial warned the US not to further the hostility toward China as it will only force China to "release more retaliation power".

The Chinese Embassy in Canada claimed that the arrest is a "serious violation of human rights" in a statement... (Seriously tho, who would believe that...)

21 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Al Capone ran a murder & contraband empire. He went down for Tax Evasion. Behold the power of the Process Crime.

More seriously, there's something about 5G Back-end Systems that's getting extremely suspicious. All of the big players are fighting over not just deployments but other details. Something big is going on that no one will publicly talk about.

5G and beyond will be the beginning of our societies demise, full surveillance etc. They already track us using our phones which have our names attached to contracts, listen most our phone calls, track our locations, use facial recognition cameras, with 5G is all of that boosted to new levels. Aside from all the tin-foil 5G will make us all have cancer and leukemia just like high power electrical lines, its illegal in most countries to build houses less than 50 meters from high power electrical lines.

13 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Of all thing they could've arrested her(suspicions of implementing spying apparatus in hardware for the Chinese government for exemple), they got her.... for violating "sanctions" by the US on Iran?

Can the US even prevent a company, based in another country, to sell their products somewhere?

And can a CFO/Chairman even be held accountable for the action of the company?

I am guessing it’s easier to convict her of the latter than the former, and the political fallout will also be much less. 

Just like how Capone was jailed for tax evasion because that was all law enforcement had evidence for. 

Nani??!!!!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Am i the only one that just doesn't care about 5G at all?

I have access to almost always 4G, and usually fall back on 3G, but i have never felt the need for 5G.

Really doubt if i will be able to tell the difference, can't even really tell the difference between 3G and 4G...

Like, improvement is nice and there are probably places where it does make sense, but where i live we usually only have a few gigs of data sooo yea...

People complain about data limits, not speeds. Let's hope 5G changes the data limits, somehow.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

For a certain industry that I'm familiar with, I've seen supposedly new technologies that are quickly copied by rivals right after their next manufacturing cycle updates. Outsides and consumers may wonder why nothing's been said, but well... Sometimes we aren't allowed to say anything.

This will likely escalate the US-CHINA trade war. There were hopeful talks between President Xi and Trump to create a Tariff truce but I believe this will largely undermine that now.

i didn't expect this from Canada, this is disgraceful. The US decided to rip unilaterally a agreement it had with Iran that by all accounts was working, none of the other countries decided to go back on it. Worst when they closed their eyes to Saudi Arabia killing a journalist that was living in the US just because they are buying lots of guns.

I'm sorry this is the moral decay of America infecting Canada. Again, disgraceful. 

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Am i the only one that just doesn't care about 5G at all?

I don't, either.  99% of the time, I'm on WiFi.  And those rare times when I'm using my data plan, I'm not downloading anything heavy, just doing basic web surfing.

3 hours ago, asus killer said:

The US decided to rip unilaterally a agreement it had with Iran that by all accounts was working

The "agreement" was a farce.  Iran is still developing nuclear technology, and not for peaceful reasons.

3 hours ago, asus killer said:

Worst when they closed their eyes to Saudi Arabia killing a journalist

While distasteful, at least SA doesn't have leaders who publicly call for the complete annihilation of the US and Israel.  Also, that "journalist" was heavily involved in the Muslim Brotherhood.  However, now we're delving into politics and at risk of getting the post closed.

15 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

The "agreement" was a farce.  Iran is still developing nuclear technology, and not for peaceful reasons.

is this a climate change isn't real because i have a felling thing?

there were UN inspectors in the field saying they were absolutely keeping the deal. Of course we can always take the word of the country that was sure Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or that his president has a "natural instinct" to know climate change isn't real and one of his relatives is a scientist and he never talked about climate change with him but because of that he knows climate change isn't real.

Do you know more than the scientists on the field, or is this a natural instinct or do you have a cousin you never talked about this with who is a nuclear scientist? 

23 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I'm not going to attempt a rational conversation with someone, who's initial reaction is to be snarky and condescending.

you don't seem to understand, that was a direct quote from trump about not believing climate change. And this is the country i'm supposed to believe knows more then the UN scientist on the field? is this a joke

How the hell do you know more then the scientists? i felt the trump effect on you comment. You can't go full crazy and expect to be taken seriously.

19 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Can the US even prevent a company, based in another country, to sell their products somewhere?

Yes.  There are agreements where a host of countries are supposed to work together and help enforce sanctions.  But the US does have a fair amount of muscle in that regard by themselves.

19 hours ago, TetraSky said:

And can a CFO/Chairman even be held accountable for the action of the company?

Yeah.  For starters, that is why they get paid.

Aaaaaaaaaand we've already hit politics.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

Aaaaaaaaaand we've already hit politics.

She was arrested for violating US Sanctions. The topic is political to begin with.

9 hours ago, asus killer said:

i felt the trump effect on you comment.

So your feelings dictate reality?  Where have I heard that before.  How presumptuous of you.

You can't go full crazy and expect to be taken seriously.

I rest my case.

10 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I'm not going to attempt a rational conversation with someone, who's initial reaction is to be snarky and condescending.

you don't seem to understand, that was a direct quote from trump about not believing climate change. And this is the country i'm supposed to believe knows more then the UN scientist on the field? is this a joke

How the hell do you know more then the scientists? i felt the trump effect on you comment. You can't go full crazy and expect to be taken seriously.

12 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So your feelings dictate reality?  Where have I heard that before.  How presumptuous of you.

I rest my case.

Look, we all have our own opinions, but can you two just stop please? 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Look, we all have our own opinions, but can you two just stop please? 

I am done, hence the last line of my post.  If you really think 3-4 posts is bad, you either haven't been around long or haven't paid attention.  I've seen spats go for 6 pages or more before either stopping or getting stopped by mods.  This was nothing.

Not sure why a few posts got you in such a tizzy, though.