My Current PC Specs are as follows:

Some Dell Motherboard 

i7-3770

16GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 970

120GB SSD + 250 GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Seasonic M12 II Bronze 80 Plus Evo 620W 

Fractal Design R4

As my 970 has shown signs of its lifespan coming to an end (2 recent instances where it just stopped working, had to take it out, wait a few hours then plug it back in to work).

My 2 TB HDD has also shown signs of death (sudden hang/lag when trying to access files for a good 2 seconds before the HDD makes this "click" sound and everything is back to normal).
I'm buying a 6 month old Gigabyte Windforce 1080 from a friend to replace the 970 and getting a brand new 2 or 3TB HDD.

I use my PC right now for:

University Work (Information Security Major - Coding and VMs)

Occasional Gaming - csgo, pubg, dota (wanna play some new titles during my break)

General Everyday Use (Ms Office, Browsing etc)

Question:

1. Would be worth to upgrade my mobo-cpu-ram since they're pretty old? - Would there be noticeable difference in FPS if I "upgraded" to i5 8400?
  2. For HDD - WD Blue or Black? I'm storing some big games like Assassin's Creed on there,how big is the difference in loading times?
  3. Would my current PSU be able to support the GTX 1080?

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, 64bits said:
  • Would be worth to upgrade my mobo-cpu-ram since they're pretty old? - Would there be noticeable difference in FPS if I "upgraded" to i5 8400?
  • For HDD - WD Blue or Black? I'm storing some big games like Assassin's Creed on there,how big is the difference in loading times?
  • Would my current PSU be able to support the GTX 1080?

would be worth it, but not to the 8400. go to the r5 2600 or r7 1700 instead

blue, black is hybrid and really expensive.

It would, but I highly recommend to upgrade such an old psu. It has some major lacks and problems

13 minutes ago, 64bits said:

Question:

1. Would be worth to upgrade my mobo-cpu-ram since they're pretty old? - Would there be noticeable difference in FPS if I "upgraded" to i5 8400?
  2. For HDD - WD Blue or Black? I'm storing some big games like Assassin's Creed on there,how big is the difference in loading times?
  1. There would be a noticeable difference jumping from your previous processor to an i5 8400. Though, any current-gen upgrade would be likely give you performance boosts.
  2. WD Blue drives are more meant for general purpose, but can get decent performance with the 7200 RPM models. I'd go with WD Black because they ONLY have 7200 RPM models and provide a 5 year limited warranty, which the Blues lack.
  3. The TDP of a GTX 1080 varies between manufacturers, but is around 180W. I'm pretty sure 620W will support a 1080 upgrade + other modern components, provided you have enough plugs for the supply.

1 hour ago, 64bits said:

My Current PC Specs are as follows:

Some Dell Motherboard 

i7-3770

16GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 970

120GB SSD + 250 GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Seasonic M12 II Bronze 80 Plus Evo 620W 

Fractal Design R4

As my 970 has shown signs of its lifespan coming to an end (2 recent instances where it just stopped working, had to take it out, wait a few hours then plug it back in to work).

My 2 TB HDD has also shown signs of death (sudden hang/lag when trying to access files for a good 2 seconds before the HDD makes this "click" sound and everything is back to normal).
I'm buying a 6 month old Gigabyte Windforce 1080 from a friend to replace the 970 and getting a brand new 2 or 3TB HDD.

I use my PC right now for:

University Work (Information Security Major - Coding and VMs)

Occasional Gaming - csgo, pubg, dota (wanna play some new titles during my break)

General Everyday Use (Ms Office, Browsing etc)

Question:

Thanks in advance!

1. Not worth to upgrade to an i5 8400 , you won't notice more FPS with the GTX970. Your CPU is strong enough to provide full power to the GTX 970. If you change the GPU for a new high end one, you will need a better CPU.

2. Go with BLACK. But there is not performance difference in loading times or else.

3. Yes but it's old and would suggest to change it

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync