Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Radium_Angel

Attention all LTT members, I need your snark

Posted · Original PosterOP

I work for a gov't agency and our morale is very low. Admin is clueless as to what to do and so, they've instituted a series of monumentally stupid ideas to "improve morale". Nevermind it won't, the problems are squarely rooted in admin, but that's not germane to the topic at hand.

WHat they have do, is have a "dear abby" advice column in the news letter. Stupid crap like "will we get raises this year?" or "when will the renovation be done to the east wing?" stuff like that.

They have encouraged us to submit questions for their news letter.

I have better things to do with my time but it's been hinted that each employee should submit a question (or more) for the letter.

My only question I can think of is as follows:

"Dear Abby,

When will the building facilities crew re-route the toilets to the Admin areas, so we can give back in the spirit of what we have been getting?"

Here's where I need your inner snark- what would you desperately like to ask the "higher ups" in your office, that you can't? Write them here and I'll use them in your place.

While it may not fix your work area, and I know it won't fix mine, it sure will feel good...

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

I don't have any valuable input, but your story reminded me of this:

619nty5kQjL._SY606_.jpg

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

I am way too honest with my employer (well, manager really). For the past couple of months I have been bugging him to improve the PC's we work on (we work on a big server via RDP, but have PC's at our desks). These PC's are single cores from 2008, they make all the work painfully slow.

It seems to finally hit the right part of his brain. since we are likely gonna get an upgrade soon™

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

32 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

this

I have that printed out at my desk.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

single core

I am *very* sorry for you. 

Dear Abby,

When the company goes under in 2021 because we lose that super-important contract, just remember that every single one of us warned you about outsourcing new, important development projects.

Sincerely,

Seeking Employment

42 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Dear Abby,

When the company goes under in 2021 because we lose that super-important contract, just remember that every single one of us warned you about outsourcing new, important development projects.

Sincerely,

Seeking Employment

Heh, good one, but I work for the gov't...we don't go under, we just abscond with more taxpayer money

Dear Abby,

This place is shit and you're a bunch of useless brainlets so I quit.

Yours sincerely, employee.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Dear Abby,

When will your staff be given spelling lessons? 

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato