Root my phone for more "RAM"

K3nobi

So there is this app call "ROEHSOFT Ram Expander" (It's not free) and what it basically does is use your sd card as a ram. But in order to do this, I must root my device, and of course you can "overclock" ur cpu and stuff after Rooting. But is it worth it? Root your phone for more RAM

no, you brick your warrenty, and memory swapping isn't going to make it faster (AT ALL). it could even make it slower as ram is way faster than sd's. and memory swapping is already done in your phone

Edited by LukeSavenije

2 minutes ago, Ionixt said:

So there is this app call "ROEHSOFT Ram Expander" (It's not free) and what it basically does is use your sd card as a ram. But in order to do this, I must root my device, and of course you can "overclock" ur cpu and stuff after Rooting. But is it worth it? Root your phone for more RAM

It's not actually more RAM. It just creates more swap space for when your RAM runs out. Your internal storage is hundreds of times slower than actual RAM. If you don't know what you're doing, just avoid it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Ionixt said:

But is it worth it? Root your phone for more RAM

unless you use your phone for very sensitive info or payments, otherwise root is recommended in all cases.

after rooted you can disable as many app you like(at your own risk)

I wont trust that app for being paid first. speed of sd card is far too slow behind of actual ram

do you really see symptoms of running out of ram? 

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no, you brick your warrenty, and memory swapping isn't going to make it faster (AT ALL). it could even make it slower as ram is way faster than sd's. and memory swapping is already done in your phone

I mean my phone is already more than 5 years old (It was my mum's but not anymore), so why not just brick my warranty. Oh yeah there's some app that "overclock" your cpu after rooting, is that real?

I mean my phone is already more than 5 years old (It was my mum's but not anymore), so why not just brick my warranty. Oh yeah there's some app that "overclock" your cpu after rooting, is that real?

it exists, but you have to get sketchy to get it. and once again, you aren't going to increase performence by enlargening the swap file. I haven't worked with rooting yet

Oh yeah there's some app that "overclock" your cpu after rooting, is that real?

ts the "kernal" which allows OC , check your phone model in xda forum. off you go

13 minutes ago, Ionixt said:

It's real but it'll just overheat 

That's an F in the profile pic

5 minutes ago, Ionixt said:

Is this real or virus or just trolls?

It is totally legit. You mean you never try this before? Poor soul. It is a common method often use by gamers to boost performance. Here is a demonstration. 

Pentium running at 33GHz yo! 

Sudo make me a sandwich