Ryzen 3000 Leaks

Deus Voltage
2 hours ago, leadeater said:

AMD rumors = Rumor / 50% = reality.

While I agree, after someone dropped AdoredTV the RTX information, which he was the first to publish, it's clear he's getting real sources using him to publish stuff. 

Still the information is right in line with what we already know about both Zen designs and 7nm. The Navi pricing seems about correct, but those performance number suggestions probably are iDtech games, haha. Or maybe AMD has completely reworked the front-ends of both their CPUs & GPUs this generation, and we're just going to see the results. I'd love to drop around 900USD for a new system build next year and get 1080 performance (with FreeSync) and a 12c/24t desktop CPU.

One thing that I don't think Adored has quite caught onto yet is that AMD can roll out "cut-down" versions of their GPUs in record time. That's why there is so many iterations of less-CU versions of Polaris 10 (RX 480 die). It is also very likely that the "Navi 10 Lite" that showed up in driver dumps today is our iGPU chiplet. It's also likely the replacement for the RX 550.

Man, if those core counts and frequencies are even remotely true, I'm curious how some X370 and X470 boards will hold up. I'm not even sure I trust the 6-phase vcore VRMs of the X370 Strix to run a 16 core, let alone overclock it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I am a diehard AMD fanboy but I am extremely cautious of that information, it all seems way too far fetched.

Welp, if those are true, those are killer as hell

But best to be a bit realistic. 

Hot damn though 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Yep, you can definitely just stuff 16 cores into the AM4 socket and everything will be fine. Turns out TR4 was a meme the whole time.

46 minutes ago, Suika said:

Man, if those core counts and frequencies are even remotely true, I'm curious how some X370 and X470 boards will hold up. I'm not even sure I trust the 6-phase vcore VRMs of the X370 Strix to run a 16 core, let alone overclock it.

AdoredTV mentioned in the video that the Ryzen 9 16c/32t will work only on B550 and 570X motherboards and wont work on B350/450 X370/470 motherboards due to much higher power requirements.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Dream killer!  Literally just bought a Taichi x470 for one.  <<

Why would you do that? :/

20 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I am a diehard AMD fanboy but I am extremely cautious of that information, it all seems way too far fetched.

6c/12t on Ryzen 3 seems a little far fetched, personally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not really. If one chiplet is 8c then this is just a low bin of a single chiplet with two non-functioning cores. 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

It's AMD, though.  Aren't they originators of,  "Moar Coars!"  /s

That's how the FX series came to be, fair point...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The ryzen 9 series looks like it'll just be the go to for threadripper wanters, unless the next gen threadripper will get to 48 or 64  cores

✨FNIGE✨

ughhh I really want zen 2, but this mediocre PC I have right now just isn't cutting it. I've waited 4 years and I don't want to wait any longer, even if these leaks aren't true.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

10 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Please let that R9 3850X be real..

If it is then $2000 aud may become my budget for PCs

its worth it

✨FNIGE✨

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

AMD has been real cagey about whether it's still 4 core CCX layouts, or something like an 8 core Ring Bus-like setup. Those 8 core chiplets are 70mm2. They'll have a LOT of 6c and 4c parts to work with.

55 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

The ryzen 9 series looks like it'll just be the go to for threadripper wanters, unless the next gen threadripper will get to 48 or 64  cores

I thought they were going to brand them as "WX", like with the 4-die Threadrippers. 16 cores on Dual Channel memory is going to be rough. AMD's memory balancing is pretty amazing, but the platform will have issues leveraging 16 cores all that well. It'll probably be closer to 15-20% multi-core improvement over the 12c models, rather than 33%. So, it'll work for some workloads, but Threadripper is still going to be the preferred platform for a lot of that stuff.

7 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

16 cores on Dual Channel memory is going to be rough. AMD's memory balancing is pretty amazing

I genuinely doubt AMD would push 16c on mainstream platforms, unless it was somehow supplemented with something like HBM or making the requisite chipsets quad channel 1DPC.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I genuinely doubt AMD would push 16c on mainstream platforms, unless it was somehow supplemented with something like HBM or making the requisite chipsets quad channel 1DPC.

AM4 doesn't allow for it, but we have an example of 8 cores per Channel on Desktop right now with the TR 2990WX. If you load up all of the cores, you don't get great scaling, but the leech dies also don't have direct memory access. You don't get great scaling beyond 6 cores per Channel, but you do get some.

Still, if we called it the Ryzen 3850 Ti, it'd accomplish the same thing. It's a SKU that exists to exist at the top of the stack. It'll be the basis of every test system that gets used in reviews and on & on. AMD is well aware of what models they sell the most of, and it seems pretty clear it's the R5s. Those are going to be the real value monsters in the stack. And it's also why those Comet Lake 10c rumors keep swirling. 

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

on mobile now, the thumbnail for the adored video mentioned something about navi. anyone knows what it's about?

iGPU on 3300G and 3600G

:)

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why? Looks completely possible to me. 
3300X would essentialy be 2600X replacement, TDP looks reasonable as well due to Zen 2 using half the wattage of Zen+ 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

If this is true; I may finally upgrade from x99 to Ryzen's 3000 Series. My god.  

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

If AMD is really hitting 5GHz with turbo, that's a huge game changer as it's walking into Intel's territory which was untouchable before (high clocks for gamers).

20 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

If AMD is really hitting 5GHz with turbo, that's a huge game changer as it's walking into Intel's territory which was untouchable before (high clocks for gamers).

another interesting thing is that AMD should have a 5% IPC advantage if the IPC gains are remotely true.

im still a bit skeptical about the clockspeed of these chips, among other things, though it seems to check out