Ryzen 3000 Leaks

Deus Voltage
9 minutes ago, Ezilkannan said:

I'll believe it when I see it. It's getting overhyped and I personally think its too good to be true. We all saw how the Vega hypetrain ended. Set your expectations low and you will not be disappointed. Ryzen 3000 maybe at best on par with CL refresh in terms of IPC, maybe a tad bit higher in core count. Navi seems unbelievable. I doubt they would even be able to match up to 2070 level performance at best.

Vega leaks verent that accurate, but For example Epyc Rome leaks that was close before the announcement was very accurate. 

Only way to know for sure is to wait and see tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Felt like Linus and Luke didn't discuss this at all on the WAN show last friday, except for mentioning the top level performance leak from that one article. Haven't seen much mentions from other guys like Jayz2c or Paul either. Two thoughts;

1. All these guys know about it and don't want to talk about it in case they're NDA'd etc

2. The leaks are too good to be true.

Also the adored guy looooves to speculate and theorize, he himself asks us to take it with a pinch of salt but man the levels of grand speculation he goes through is insane. I'd rather wait and see how it turns out than get all hyped and disappointed.

Hardware: i5 4590 + GTX 1060 6GB | Pixel 2 (Non XL) | Shield K1 | PS4 | PSVita | 3DSXL 

1 minute ago, Alpha-K said:

Felt like Linus and Luke didn't discuss this at all on the WAN show last friday, except for mentioning the top level performance leak from that one article. Haven't seen much mentions from other guys like Jayz2c or Paul either. Two thoughts;

more thoughts:

political reasons?

being paid to?

the other way around, IF they know the leaks are false, they must have point out that at once.... which means?

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

more thoughts:

political reasons?

being paid to?

the other way around, IF they know the leaks are false, they must have point out that at once.... which means?

Well this is it, if they knew it was false or cooked up they really should have said it out. Why are no one else talking about this? Even the new PC World podcast today doesn't seem to mention it. Very peculiar!

Hardware: i5 4590 + GTX 1060 6GB | Pixel 2 (Non XL) | Shield K1 | PS4 | PSVita | 3DSXL 

2 minutes ago, Alpha-K said:

Well this is it, if they knew it was false or cooked up they really should have said it out. Why are no one else talking about this? Even the new PC World podcast today doesn't seem to mention it. Very peculiar!

They can't if the reason they know is because of NDA information, you'd have to break NDA to say with accuracy that the leaks are false. Having to be vague is normal affair, Linus tries to avoid talking about news topics that he has NDA information on anyway. If he's talking at length about something bets are he's not under NDA.

2 minutes ago, Alpha-K said:

AMD is going to be doing a multi-part roll out, so different people understand different bits. No one has the whole picture, officially, yet, so they might not want to comment too much. We'll know a lot more not at CES, but in the 1-2 weeks after when all of the "leaks" from the performance testing by Motherboard manufacturers show up.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

They can't if the reason they know is because of NDA information, you'd have to break NDA to say with accuracy that the leaks are false. Having to be vague is normal affair, Linus tries to avoid talking about news topics that he has NDA information on anyway. If he's talking at length about something bets are he's not under NDA.

Linus also has to show up to drop whatever GPUs AMD is talking about at CES. Doesn't want to annoy AMD too much. :)

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Linus also has to show up to drop whatever GPUs AMD is talking about at CES. Doesn't want to annoy AMD too much. :)

This time Linus can drop the new GPU on to the new CPU in the new motherboard and chipset and get a triple combo kill.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

So, in other words, Linus knows something about Zen 2 and we have to kidnap&torture him to get that info. 

Buying ticket to Canada, thanks

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

It should be noted, in this product cycle, AMD has managed to actually keep the technical leaks really underwraps. We've mostly just gotten some vague musings and the leaks that ended up in AdoredTV's inbox. For as big as Rome is going to be, this has played out pretty interestingly. Probably AMD keeping marketing tight until they can come out big & swinging.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

This time Linus can drop the new GPU on to the new CPU in the new motherboard and chipset and get a triple combo kill.

Need to find a way to feed Linus the Rampage.

Probably AMD keeping marketing tight until they can come out big & swinging.

None of that RIP Volta nonsense, classic celebrate too soon followed by falling over and losing the race.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

None of that RIP Volta nonsense, classic celebrate too soon followed by falling over and losing the race.

At the technical level, Volta never came out to Gaming GPUs, so AMD actually did win that round. Doesn't mean it wasn't a self-inflicted gun shot wound, but the Marketing Department can claim the win by technicality. Minus the fact almost none of them are still there now.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

At the technical level, Volta never came out to Gaming GPUs, so AMD actually did win that round. Doesn't mean it wasn't a self-inflicted gun shot wound, but the Marketing Department can claim the win by technicality. Minus the fact almost none of them are still there now.

Pascal was like "But I've already finished the race?"

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Pascal was like "But I've already finished the race?"

Considering how well Vega has actually sold for AMD and that we never got more than the GV100 from Nvidia, somehow AMD actually won that round of GPUs. I'm not quite sure how, but the main market is still the Gaming GPU. I really hope Navi shakes things up.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

Considering how well Vega has actually sold for AMD and that we never got more than the GV100 from Nvidia, somehow AMD actually won that round of GPUs. I'm not quite sure how, but the main market is still the Gaming GPU. I really hope Navi shakes things up.

Not sure about that, more of their volume was all Polaris stuff or Polaris/Vega hybrid. I don't think AMD was actually making enough Vega GPUs to really get them to have any kind of big impact. The Intel-AMD Hades Canyon was a product and technical win, Intel taking an AMD product and putting it in to one of their own is a good sign of it being a good product and Intel having confidence in it, they wouldn't use it otherwise.

I believe consoles comes first and

amd position is at reasonable / low cost for high end performance rather than beating top products of competitors

6 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I believe consoles comes first and

amd position is at reasonable / low cost for high end performance rather than beating top products of competitors

Volta ended up being a single die that Nvidia is using, but they've never made smaller versions. So, AMD ends up with a larger HBM2 ecosystem, while Nvidia only uses it on a single, extremely expensive card. It's like winning the undercard at a Title Fight. Great win, but no one there really cares.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:23 PM, Phentos said:

Wasn't that leak confirmed to be a fake or am I behind the times?

I don't know, but I really want it to be true!  I would update my 2700 X to the 3850 X by the end of next year.