Ryzen 3000 Leaks

Deus Voltage

this cant be real... ITS NOT REAL! IT CAN'T BE!... if... IF this is real....

Bolivia.

13 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Same here. Even though I built my system 3 years too late. :( 

I upgraded last month

18 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

I upgraded last month

5 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i did 2 weeks ago :"|, will try to flip it and get on the zen 2 bandwagon 

Since very few people really need 16c models, which the 400+ USD price point is likely correct, you can just toss a 3rd Gen R5 in there when you feel the need. These won't be out for a bit.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Since very few people really need 16c models, which the 400+ USD price point is likely correct, you can just toss a 3rd Gen R5 in there when you feel the need. These won't be out for a bit.

12 cores is what we're probably all thinking cause it just the same price at 2700

8 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

12 cores is what we're probably all thinking cause it just the same price at 2700

For sure. I have a 1600, so I'd be doubling my core count, and getting a big clock speed boost to boot.

I'm trying not to get too caught up in the hype train though. ?

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

17 minutes ago, System32.exe said:

For sure. I have a 1600, so I'd be doubling my core count, and getting a big clock speed boost to boot.

I'm trying not to get too caught up in the hype train though. ?

my plan is also similar, also i live in the Eu, here used prices are really really stupid if you are buying, but for sellers its great, so i might be able to sell my cpu for very close to retail.

some of the numbers looks too good, we'll see what the all core oc is for the 8 and 16 core versions,  but if the 16 cores version matches the 9900k in gaming too, welp, time to upgrade.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

On 12/5/2018 at 7:54 AM, porina said:

If 16 core parts come with dual channel ram... bottleneck much? Unless it comes with a large side serving of L4...

Well there’s doubled L3, possible that they will introduce a large amount of L4.

I was hesitating to upgrade because Intel's stuff, despite clocked high is based on now already rather ancient Skylake. And AMD while super new architecture wasn't hitting clocks above what I already have now with 5820K (4.5GHz). So, I was in this limbo of waiting for hardware to actually become faster out of the box from what I already have. 5GHz and beyond seems like a reasonable jump as everything till now was stuck at below 4.5GHz. Include better IPC on top of that, lower power, cooler and loaded with new tech and more efficient HT than Intel has and these look pretty sweet. But you need to aim for the top processors, otherwise you're missing out the 5GHz goodness. Ryzen 3700X seems the best sweetspot. Tons of cores, 5GHz clock and 330€ (€=$) pricetag, it's pretty neat.

I mean if a Hexa core ARM 7nm chip can beat a 7700K then I don think this is too far fetched.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 12/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, TigerHawk said:

Some of them seem pretty reasonable though. To me the realistic boost speeds I expect for Ryzen 2(3000 series) is 4.5 to 4.7 ish tops. 5+ is like......I dunno man. Is the shrink to 7nm really going to make THAT much of a difference? And at such a good bin rate that you can get a 16 core 5.1ghz(probably dual core boost) part for under $500 US? Holy hell?

Gotta remember, they are halving the die size. They are going from 14nm to 7nm. So yeah the gains will be large, and the IPC might improve a little as well.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

Gotta remember, they are halving the die size. They are going from 14nm to 7nm. So yeah the gains will be large, and the IPC might improve a little as well.

It's not quite half - not all dimensions and not all "components" in the processor shrink ...

Estimate around 20-25% less power for same frequency, a bit less voltage required, slightly easier to achieve higher frequencies, maybe up to 30% or around that percentage reduction in die size, if they just shrink existing design. But they'll probably play around with adding cache memory or improve avx and make hardware tweaks for those hyperthreading exploits intel had (and which amd is less susceptible to, or much harder to be exploited)

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

It's not quite half - not all dimensions and not all "components" in the processor shrink ...

Estimate around 20-25% less power for same frequency, a bit less voltage required, slightly easier to achieve higher frequencies, maybe up to 30% or around that percentage reduction in die size, if they just shrink existing design. But they'll probably play around with adding cache memory or improve avx and make hardware tweaks for those hyperthreading exploits intel had (and which amd is less susceptible to, or much harder to be exploited)

TSMC 7nm (non EUV) has 50% less power usage at same frequency or 20-25% higher frequency at same power compared to what's AMD was using for Zen/Zen+ (not sure which one actually)

The Zen2 chiplets showed on Epyc 2 have 8 cores each and are about 70mm^2, down from 200 mm^2 at 14nm (which included all the uncore stuff, though). If all the I/O was on the 14nm die, density would still be about 2x

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

You know what they say, if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

9 minutes ago, Agost said:

TSMC 7nm (non EUV) has 50% less power usage at same frequency or 20-25% higher frequency at same power compared to what's AMD was using for Zen/Zen+ (not sure which one actually)

At AMD's Next Horizon event, for 7nm GPU they presented 50% power usage at same clock, >1.25x performance at same power. On CPU side they said half energy per operation. I don't recall if they went into more detail than that.

They didn't explicitly claim 25% clock increase though, if that applied to CPUs they'd smash 5 GHz easily, not by a bit, but by a lot. I'm not sure about that, and would be happy to be wrong on that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

43 minutes ago, porina said:

At AMD's Next Horizon event, for 7nm GPU they presented 50% power usage at same clock, >1.25x performance at same power. On CPU side they said half energy per operation. I don't recall if they went into more detail than that.

They didn't explicitly claim 25% clock increase though, if that applied to CPUs they'd smash 5 GHz easily, not by a bit, but by a lot. I'm not sure about that, and would be happy to be wrong on that.

node performance increases are usually measured near where cpus have their base clock at, in global foundries case its around 3-3.5Ghz, so we can easily see much better base clocks, but max performance wont improve as much

2 hours ago, porina said:

If these leaks are true then yes, the +20/25% figure is pretty much achieved by Zen2

>be me

>saved up money for a few years, followed the tech sphere for 2 years to gain knowledge, got to €1750

>wait for cyber monday

>tfw barely any discounts

>only get my ssd discounted

>buy entire build anyways, complete with ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 1070, tired of waiting

>parts start arriving, never felt happier in my life. every day the postman comes with more and more parts and each day feels like Christmas

>be me

>get up today, no school

>check youtube

>see leaks, ryzen 5 3600 8c/12t 4ghz+ clocks, rx 3070 at half what I paid for my gtx 1070

>want_to_die.gif

why God? I was so f****** hyped about building my system after spending 2 years on researching, balancing my budget, matching the perfect components, and it was all for nothing!

Pic related

RXKxkv3.jpg

7 minutes ago, M3M3G0D said:

>be me

>saved up money for a few years, followed the tech sphere for 2 years to gain knowledge, got to €1750

>wait for cyber monday

>buy entire build anyways, complete with ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 1070, tired of waiting

>parts start arriving, never felt happier in my life. every day the postman comes with more and more parts and each day feels like Christmas

>be me

>get up today, no school

>check youtube

>see leaks, ryzen 5 3600 8c/12t 4ghz+ clocks, rx 3070 at half what I paid for my gtx 1070

>want_to_die.gif

why God? I was so f****** hyped about building my system after spending 2 years on researching, balancing my budget, matching the perfect components, and it was all for nothing!

Pic related

well if you would of seen AMDs trend mainstream CPUs come out around Q2, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

And this stuff is still 6~ months away.

And its not for "nothing" you are still getting a great PC, and you can socket upgrade to a 3600 presumably. you might lose 50-100 on selling the 2600 but its not that bad.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

27 minutes ago, M3M3G0D said:

Pic related

RXKxkv3.jpg

how do you electrocute yourself when the outlet have 2 holes and your fork has 3 spears?

27 minutes ago, M3M3G0D said:

return the gtx 1070 and temporarly use an R9 290x untill new products launch? new products will allways come along mind you. also have some salt, these rumours will need them

34 minutes ago, M3M3G0D said:

>be me

>wait for cyber monday

>be me

>get up today, no school

>check youtube

>want_to_die.gif

You can update the UEFI and put a 3000 series processor on your motherboard. Hope you bought a good mobo and a fast kit of RAM.

1 minute ago, Agost said:

You can update the UEFI and put a 3000 series processor on your motherboard. Hope you bought a good mobo and a fast kit of RAM.

well, I bought a 2x8gb 2666mhz Corsair LPX memory kit, which I know is one of the most popular out there, and an ASRock B450 Pro4 mobo which was recommended to me on a different thread.

I hope those leaks aren't real... but if they are does anybody want some 1700s and a lightly used 2400G for cheap? ?

-KuJoe