Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Farthead2244

PC starts, shuts off, then starts normally again

4 minutes ago, Farthead2244 said:

This happens since I turned on XMP in my BIOS (ASUS P8P67).

My Memory runs at its advertised speeds (~1600 MHz, used to run 1333 MHz) and my processor (i7 2600k) is now overclocked at 4,4 GHz due to XMP.

Also I wanted to ask if 76-77 degrees Celcius is safe for this processor during a stress test.

ya i was going to ask if its asus cause for some reason they like to dual boot like that to charge up the caps. its normal but keep an eye on performance just in case. the evga boards do it too. those temps are fine. if your in the 80 range then start to look out but 70 is fine. is it air cooling cause thats normal for air but if thats liquid then your pump could be to slow or the fans to slow or low on fluid or clogged cause that would be high for liquid

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

This happens since I turned on XMP in my BIOS (ASUS P8P67).

My Memory runs at its advertised speeds (~1600 MHz, used to run 1333 MHz) and my processor (i7 2600k) is now overclocked at 4,4 GHz due to XMP.

Also I wanted to ask if 76-77 degrees Celcius is safe for this processor during a stress test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
4 minutes ago, Farthead2244 said:

This happens since I turned on XMP in my BIOS (ASUS P8P67).

My Memory runs at its advertised speeds (~1600 MHz, used to run 1333 MHz) and my processor (i7 2600k) is now overclocked at 4,4 GHz due to XMP.

Also I wanted to ask if 76-77 degrees Celcius is safe for this processor during a stress test.

ya i was going to ask if its asus cause for some reason they like to dual boot like that to charge up the caps. its normal but keep an eye on performance just in case. the evga boards do it too. those temps are fine. if your in the 80 range then start to look out but 70 is fine. is it air cooling cause thats normal for air but if thats liquid then your pump could be to slow or the fans to slow or low on fluid or clogged cause that would be high for liquid

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having a similar problem, and I think that I also started facing it after turning on XMP, but it's still happening after disabling XMP, resetting BIOS and CMOS. it's taking 3 tries to boot up (doesn't happen when you reset/restart it). It's like fans spin up for 1 second, then it shuts down, then that happens again, and then it finally boots up properly on the third try. I also have an ASUS motherbaord.

 

I have made a thread here about this issue in detail:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaximumSid said:

I am also having a similar problem, and I think that I also started facing it after turning on XMP, but it's still happening after disabling XMP, resetting BIOS and CMOS. it's taking 3 tries to boot up (doesn't happen when you reset/restart it). It's like fans spin up for 1 second, then it shuts down, then that happens again, and then it finally boots up properly on the third try. I also have an ASUS motherbaord.

 

I have made a thread here about this issue in detail:

 

 

again a restart doesnt shut off all the way so it doesnt need to charge the caps but a power on from off will. its a normal thing and linus talked about it in the midnight caffeine pc build when it did that to them and then they realized it was an asus board and was like oh ya they do that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turretgaming said:

again a restart doesnt shut off all the way so it doesnt need to charge the caps but a power on from off will. its a normal thing and linus talked about it in the midnight caffeine pc build when it did that to them and then they realized it was an asus board and was like oh ya they do that

all your boards are acting normal for asus boards they like to charge the caps up to get better performance right away instead of waking up while running for more stability it helps a lot in hardcore overclocking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

all your boards are acting normal for asus boards they like to charge the caps up to get better performance right away instead of waking up while running for more stability it helps a lot in hardcore overclocking.

thanks alot sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

all your boards are acting normal for asus boards they like to charge the caps up to get better performance right away instead of waking up while running for more stability it helps a lot in hardcore overclocking.

Thanks for the info, I checked out his build video, that PC also booted up in 3 tries for the first time, like mine, but I didn't see him starting it from cold again (understandably). Though, I didn't see him talking about it, I'd really appreciate if you could point that out if he talked about it somewhere else. thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 8:34 AM, MaximumSid said:

Thanks for the info, I checked out his build video, that PC also booted up in 3 tries for the first time, like mine, but I didn't see him starting it from cold again (understandably). Though, I didn't see him talking about it, I'd really appreciate if you could point that out if he talked about it somewhere else. thanks again.

i know gamernexus said it in one of there live streams for the 7980xe and 2080ti cause the evga x299 dark does it too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×