Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AluminiumTech

Protecting Against Clickbait And Fake News in tech news subforum

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

What about the possible clear definition from the mod team on what Misleading and Clickbait are in the tech news posting guidelines?

Currently a concern is that mods approach reports of misleading and clickbait titles quite differently depending on the mod and some offending posts aren't updated.

I suppose we can add an example of clickbait to the rules. Something like "Samsung and Verizon are working on a 5G Smartphone even though it could give you cancer" would seem appropriate.

Posted · Best Answer
Just now, AluminiumTech said:

What about the possible clear definition from the mod team on what Misleading and Clickbait are in the tech news posting guidelines?

Currently a concern is that mods approach reports of misleading and clickbait titles quite differently depending on the mod and some offending posts aren't updated.

I suppose we can add an example of clickbait to the rules. Something like "Samsung and Verizon are working on a 5G Smartphone even though it could give you cancer" would seem appropriate.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

just saw your latest thread in Tech News ... I'm just speachless ...

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

The Community StandardsPSU Tier list | PSU Whitelist

Posted · Original PosterOP

17 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

I think more than one example would be good. 

Also, if you think that thread title in Tech News is clickbait then I'm open to alternative titles for that thread. You can PM me or edit the post title if you disagree with it.

For now it's probably a good idea to end this thread.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos variant (Late 2018 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2019 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

just saw your la thread in Tech News ... I'm just speachless ...

It's not really clickbait though. There are health effects of 5G as provided by the anecdotal evidence of symptoms and those poor rats who got cancer from it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos variant (Late 2018 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2019 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not really clickbait though. There are health effects of 5G as provided by the anecdotal evidence of symptoms and those poor rats who got cancer from it.

photo-85015.gif

~New~  ThinkPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004 

-= Locked =-

Thread has run its course.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.

~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER