Protecting Against Clickbait And Fake News in tech news subforum

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by Whiskers,
Just now, AluminiumTech said:

What about the possible clear definition from the mod team on what Misleading and Clickbait are in the tech news posting guidelines?

Currently a concern is that mods approach reports of misleading and clickbait titles quite differently depending on the mod and some offending posts aren't updated.

I suppose we can add an example of clickbait to the rules. Something like "Samsung and Verizon are working on a 5G Smartphone even though it could give you cancer" would seem appropriate.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

What about the possible clear definition from the mod team on what Misleading and Clickbait are in the tech news posting guidelines?

Currently a concern is that mods approach reports of misleading and clickbait titles quite differently depending on the mod and some offending posts aren't updated.

I suppose we can add an example of clickbait to the rules. Something like "Samsung and Verizon are working on a 5G Smartphone even though it could give you cancer" would seem appropriate.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

17 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

I think more than one example would be good. 

Also, if you think that thread title in Tech News is clickbait then I'm open to alternative titles for that thread. You can PM me or edit the post title if you disagree with it.

For now it's probably a good idea to end this thread.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

just saw your la thread in Tech News ... I'm just speachless ...

It's not really clickbait though. There are health effects of 5G as provided by the anecdotal evidence of symptoms and those poor rats who got cancer from it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not really clickbait though. There are health effects of 5G as provided by the anecdotal evidence of symptoms and those poor rats who got cancer from it.

photo-85015.gif

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

-= Locked =-

Thread has run its course.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER