Buying used YT channel with bad past

MaciejT

Hey guys,

there's channel to buy, 22k subs, 21m views, 98 clips. It's demonetized for 8 months now.

I have opportunity to buy access to it for 700$.

I want to buy it, wipe all videos, delete them permanently and start (quasi) fresh with my own videos that don't violate any of YT rules.

Is this reasonable? Will Yt remove ban when there will be no clips that are against YT policies?

Thanks a lot

Just now, VegetableStu said:

.... why? does it have a named channel URL? (how would that even work?)

It doesn't have named channel URL. So I'll buy right to administrate this channel, next I'll wipe all and start from the scratch with little help of this sub base. I't more like psychological help - new viewers come and see that channel has some subs so they more eager will sub. That's all.

Theme of my content will be 180 degree different than previous content.

I'd do it for $700, but if a channel has been demonetized for 8 months already chances are Google will not reverse that decision so don't do it if you expect to make money off Google's ads.

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

I'd do it for $700, but if a channel has been demonetized for 8 months already chances are Google will not reverse that decision so don't do it if you expect to make money off Google's ads.

I don't need that money, this channel will sell my business.

But demonetized channel has weaker position in search. Google doesn't want to show videos without ads, because it's not profit for them.

1 minute ago, MaciejT said:

I don't need that money, this channel will sell my business.

But demonetized channel has weaker position in search. Google doesn't want to show videos without ads, because it's not profit for them.

Here's what I would do, buy that channel for $700 (because for a marketing budget that's pretty cheap) then create a new channel specifically for your business and use the demonetized channel to push viewers to the new channel and try to grow that channel organically. Then once you've gotten the new channel to a decent size you can sell the demonetized one for profit. :)

-KuJoe

You can try paying him to shout you out in a video first, see if this will payoff in some shape or form, if the response satisfies you, then go for it, if not..don't
YouTube's algorithm may cut you out even if you do good content. I know a lot of YouTubers, that has 3 to 4K views on regular and when YouTube do suggest them to other people they do easily 200K-1M which is crazy.

as long as the seller get youtube's permission and give you the proof of it

4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions

YouTube hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:

1. You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain YouTube's prior written approval:
    • the sale of access to the Service;

Theme of my content will be 180 degree different than previous content.

then what's the point? people are likely going to start seeing videos they dont care about and unsub almost immediately

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'd say you'd be better off starting fresh with your own content and, spend that money on advertising yourself.

You could pay other YouTubers for shoutouts and, I believe you can pay YouTube itself to advertise your channel.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 hour ago, MaciejT said:

Will Yt remove ban when there will be no clips that are against YT policies?

No, most likely not. Shadowbans are relatively permanent and only can be lifted after a comprehensive content review by a YouTube rep and that will only happen if your channel gets enough clicks overall. You will not automatically get unbanned after a certain amount of time, thats not how it works. Not even if you delete all the previously flagged content.