AnotherTechGuy

K70 sounds like what fits your need. 

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00CD1FCAC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389343690&sr=8-2&keywords=k95

There's also 4 different options that you can pick from : Black with MX RED, Gunmetal with MX BLUE, Gunmetal with MX Brown, Silver with MX RED. 

I'm personally more of a fan of MX Reds because of their low pressure but it's all a personal preference.

Also, if you want to spend a bit more and get macro keys, there's the K95 which is also nice.

I'm also currently using a Corsair K90. 

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

I'll second the K70's, they're popular for a good reason. Excellent build, great media keys, adjustable lighting, all that good stuff. Macro keys only come with it's bigger brother the K95, which is basically the same with an extra panel of keys but with a white backlight. That comes out just above your budget though so unless you really like the look of it, I'd stick to the 70's

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

The Ducky Zero Shine led is a good choice:http://au.pcpartpicker.com/parts/keyboard/#k=1&sort=a7&n=0&b=82,23

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

@Clifford @SirRoderick

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere in Australia with K70s in my price range :/

IIRC, Amazon.com ships to Australia. And you don't have to worry too much about import duties (according to a few Australians I know). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

In terms of the switch type. Make sure you try a few different switch types out first, because you can't really choose a keyboard by reading about the switch online. Even Jb hifi have the razer models (blue and browns) you could try. You need to get a feel for the switch variations first.

I recommend the K70

It hasn't got macros tho.

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x