Linus on Sales Training and Sales Skills

ZacoAttaco

In today's WAN Show Linus was talking about the value of sales in a career and it really got me thinking.

I'm 20 and I'm currently working at a local supermarket. I enjoy the customer service that comes along with that role helping customers with whatever queries they may have. I'm told that I'm a people-person and I agree very much so with that sentiment. When I think of people orientated skills in the IT industry I generally think of tech-support roles, but I know the demand for those roles are shrinking and are usually outsourced. I genuinely enjoy talking to and helping people but I'm kind of lost as to what part of IT to get into.

Linus said he would preach to anyone that would listen, and I'm listening...But I know he's a very busy man, so if there's anyone who's had experience in sales, whether it be IT-related or not I'd love to hear your experiences and any advice you might have.

Thanks, Zac.

Check out r/sales. I’ve been a sub for a while and they have some really good information about pretty much everything regarding the career. You could be really good at tech sales since you care and understand the product better than others