CRAZY 1500 DRONE GIVEAWAY with IBM!

JonoT
Just now, Speed Weed said:

Link down? 5 minutes and the page still loading. 

Yah, it was up ~5 mins ago when I clicked it, albeit slow, but now it's not loading at all.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah, it was up ~5 mins ago when I clicked it, albeit slow, but now it's not loading at all.

Now I am getting 502 Bad Gateway 

Oh boy, Canada too?!

"excluding Quebec".

I don't know why I still get my hopes up, I should know better by now, I really should. ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

link still is very very slow

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz Turbo

Motherboard: Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1551 (300 Series)

RAM: 2x8GB Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080

SDD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

HDD:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cooling: Corsair H115i Pro RGB

Main Display: Dell S2417DG 1440p 144/165Hz G-Sync (2560x1440)

Secondary Displays: 2 x Dell P2312H 1080p 60Hz (1920x1080)

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Mouse: Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Headset: Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X Headset

Yeaaaah, that IBM website is hella broken. Once you click into a subsection of challenges, the links to go back to the main section just break entirely. Plus, their Twitter API key seems to not be working. Also, some of the challenges are a link that take you to a different subsection. When you click them, they don't open in a new tab. They redirect your current tab to the new subsection (without completing the challenge), so you can't get back to the challenge to mark it as done unless you clear your cache. And when you do that, it forgets you clicked the link, so the challenge is uncompletable.

Are they sure this is for devs?

EDIT: Oh, and the "Later" button on challenges is broken. Plus, there's not really any indication for whether you have successfully entered the sweepstakes. So I'm not sure if I'm in the running, or if I just have an account on a broken website.

The title is a bit confusing.

I thought it was a $1500 Drone

But its 1500 DRONES

Plural or singular, makes a BIG difference!

Hey IBM got it right!

IBM Developer

1,500 drones are ready to fly.

How many times can we enter, when is the draw, how much is each drone worth?

Also I was able to enter the contest with the verification within my email. Nothing is broken @kuhnerdm

Just a bit slow clicking on the link from here to there.

Someone knows that website that can recognize Linus and Colton?? 

So, the login page says this:

Complete each challenge to advance and keep your name in the drawing

But the rules only say this:

TO ENTER:  Visit www.developer.ibm.com/contest (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the online registration instructions; upon registration you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“entry”).  Limit one (1) entry per person.

They never mention dropping people out of the drawing or anything about challenges in the official rules.

Plus, we already missed 2 draws.

5 hours ago, JonoT said:

Thanks to IBM for sponsoring this video! IBM Developer is giving away 1,500 drones, along with the tools to program it. Enter for your chance to win #IBMDroneDrop: https://ibm.biz/dronedrop (USA and Canada only)

Kid me would have loved to play around this thing.

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1

Once you complete all the challenges in the first lot the website just seizes and won't work.

Also you could see EVERYONES email, I think this is meant for actual group projects instead of this

How do we even enter? the official rules don't match up with what is actually presented, there is no clear way to enter once you are on the site, it doesn't explain anything, and the site seems extremely buggy.

This one of the WORST giveaways ever in trying to actually know how to enter, even the Publisher Clearing House bullsheet isn't this bad.

the rules say to follow the instructions on the site, WHAT DUCKING INSTRUCTIONS? WHERE? WHO THE DUCK DESIGNED THIS!?

If I'm already entered it gave me no indication that I entered.

Linus, did you even check what a dumpster fire the entry process was before making a vid? I love when you cover cool stuff, but this this was a letdown and a frustration sandwich.

I really liked to get involved into this from over here in Europe. I teach media and computer science in my high school and am interested in using this in my lessons.

I seem to be unable to even find to buy this anywhere here in switzerland.

Can anybody help?

You guys have a lot of fans over here in the UK, its a shame we can't enter the giveaway.

I'd be happy to enter with a forwarded address but "is open only to legal U.S and Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents" :( 

I beleive IBM is raising awareness on AI and how it can be used.

I think they also wanted to make AI more interesting by allowing people to have this unique UAV to program and to learn Basic and advanced AI program.

6 hours ago, RyokuHasu said:

How do we even enter? the official rules don't match up with what is actually presented, there is no clear way to enter once you are on the site, it doesn't explain anything, and the site seems extremely buggy.

This one of the WORST giveaways ever in trying to actually know how to enter, even the Publisher Clearing House bullsheet isn't this bad.

the rules say to follow the instructions on the site, WHAT DUCKING INSTRUCTIONS? WHERE? WHO THE DUCK DESIGNED THIS!?

If I'm already entered it gave me no indication that I entered.

Linus, did you even check what a dumpster fire the entry process was before making a vid? I love when you cover cool stuff, but this this was a letdown and a frustration sandwich.

Having worked with IBM consultants before, the quality of the site not at all surprising.

I'm far more interested in what Calvin & Hobbes wallpaper @AlexTheGreatish is using...

If it's the severely overused log-over-stream image, INSTADEATH. But given the season, I hope its snowman related...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷