Kaitlyn

I just completed a new build:

- Fractal Core 500 case

- AMD 2700x with stock cooler
- Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX motherboard
- EVGA Supernova 650W G3
- Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit
- Have not installed my 1070 video card yet

I installed all components, but no keyboard or mouse attached yet. Power supply has the mobo connector and the 4+4 CPU connector. No drives installed yet.

When I hit the power button, it turns white, the case fan starts spinning, as does the CPU (along with lighting up).

I don't believe the case/mobo has any built-in speaker to indicate an issue? Either way, it's silent... just keeps spinning but nothing showing on display.

I tried HDMI and displayport. Connecting the HDMI cable to my laptop, I get display just fine.

I would expect the screen to flash on for the BIOS, then eventually get no drive error or no keyboard/mouse error, but instead I'm getting absolutely nothing. No idea where to even begin with the troubleshooting.

Help greatly appreciated!

You need your graphics card installed.

Ryzen CPUs have no integrated GPU, so you won't get anything on the screen without a dedicated GPU. The exception lies with the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G, those have integrated GPUs.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

^what crunchy dragon said, but make sure to plug the display cables into your gpu when you install it instead of the motherboard

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+

24 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You need your graphics card installed.

Ryzen CPUs have no integrated GPU, so you won't get anything on the screen without a dedicated GPU. The exception lies with the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G, those have integrated GPUs.

Doh, here I was thinking I was being smart sticking to just the core components before adding more. Put in video card and got to the BIOS screen. Will plug in keyboard+mouse and begin installing windows.

Thanks!