Can't make a choice

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by _ASSASSIN_,

Damn 279$ for the HD558.

god canada seriously has the worst prices. Anyways have you looked into ATH-AD700x or ATH-M50's. Check if they fit your price range

Also, are the HD 449 also good? I could get them. So my choices are the Steelseries 9h, Sennheiser HD 449 or ATH-M50s.

I tried ordering once from the US site to Canada and you can't.

yeah try again it works. there are some items that don't work and some that do. you have to put them into your cart and cross your fingers. sennheisers don't work on amazon dot com but these pioneers do. 

$54.95Items

$70.92Total before tax
$0.00Estimated tax to be collected
$76.26Estimated order total

Yeah the 558 perfect. Is there a closed version?

Closing the headphone would mess with the soundstage though. 

Closing the headphone would mess with the soundstage though. 

Yeah just saw that on the net. Because I play in the kitchen and my dad watches TV in the living room and also eats on the kitchen table where my laptop is and I don't want him to hear my sound and my skype calls and all. How well would he hear it?

Yeah just saw that on the net. Because I play in the kitchen and my dad watches TV in the living room and also eats on the kitchen table where my laptop is and I don't want him to hear my sound and my skype calls and all. How well would he hear it?

Unless he has his head wedged under the headphone with yours, not at all. I'm not joking either, he would have to be pressed to your head to hear it unless you listen at blistering volumes. 

Unless he has his head wedged under the headphone with yours, not at all. I'm not joking either, he would have to be pressed to your head to hear it unless you listen at blistering volumes. 

Oh ok well that's good news :D  Also. A 5$-10$ clip on mic is okay, right?

Oh ok well that's good news :D  Also. A 5$-10$ clip on mic is okay, right?

It will do, you can always get something bigger and better when budgets allow. 

It will do, you can always get something bigger and better when budgets allow. 

Ok, and to get that "surround" sound do I need to setup anything? Like games that don't offer the headphone option what do I do? Should it still make it "surround" ?

Ok, and to get that "surround" sound do I need to setup anything? Like games that don't offer the headphone option what do I do? Should it still make it "surround" ?

For the most part, yes, if the game doesn't do "surround" in game, it most likely doesn't do it at all. 

For the most part, yes, if the game doesn't do "surround" in game, it most likely doesn't do it at all. 

Alright. Thanks.

Alright. Thanks.

Not a problem, if you have further questions, feel free to ask, its not a bother. 

Not a problem, if you have further questions, feel free to ask, its not a bother. 

I see the cable is detachable, I plan to detach it every day when transporting them. Can it damage the jack or somthing?

I see the cable is detachable, I plan to detach it every day when transporting them. Can it damage the jack or somthing?

Will be fine.

@EmoRarity Also, this video says I shouldn't spend more than 90$ because I don't have a dedicated soundcard or whatever.

That video is old and filled with misinformation. You will be more then fine if your motherboard is less then five years old. 

@EmoRarity Also, this video

says I shouldn't spend more than 90$ because I don't have a dedicated soundcard or whatever.

Linus' soundcard recommendations aren't exactly what I would call correct. Mostly, onboard audio is just fine, in some cases actually better than soundcards. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

A question for you, I sit here day in and day out trying my hardest to get people the best audio quality they can afford and the best for their needs. Are you really considering getting these headphones? If not, it's cool. If so, glad I could help.

A question for you, I sit here day in and day out trying my hardest to get people the best audio quality they can afford and the best for their needs. Are you really considering getting these headphones? If not, it's cool. If so, glad I could help.

Yes, I do consider buying these headphones. Why do you ask?

Will be fine.

That video is old and filled with misinformation. You will be more then fine if your motherboard is less then five years old. 

Linus' soundcard recommendations aren't exactly what I would call correct. Mostly, onboard audio is just fine, in some cases actually better than soundcards. 

Ok, was just wondering, because he was saying somthing about amp and impedence that I couldn't raise the volume up, so you know was just wondering. Thanks :P

Yes, I do consider buying these headphones. Why do you ask?

Curiosity. 

Ok, was just wondering, because he was saying something about amp and impedance that I couldn't raise the volume up, so you know was just wondering. Thanks :P

He was wrong at the time, for the most part. 

@EmoRarity Hey, the 558 are out of stock, I see there is some 518 at only 80$.

Go for it, I HD518's are the best value out of the bunch.

Go for it, I HD518's are the best value out of the bunch.

Alright, I could get the 40$ mic you said. Could you re-link it please? And also, how many percentage do I loose from the 558? Thanks.

Alright, I could get the 40$ mic you said. Could you re-link it please? And also, how many percentage do I loose from the 558? Thanks.

You can't rate a headphone with percentages, I personally found the two in question to sound pretty much the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowflake-USB-Microphone/dp/B0012AUHXW/