Can't make a choice

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by _ASSASSIN_,

Damn 279$ for the HD558.

god canada seriously has the worst prices. Anyways have you looked into ATH-AD700x or ATH-M50's. Check if they fit your price range

I can't make a choice. I planned to get Steelseries 9h headsets but my friend advised me I should get the Astro a40's. Help, 

I personally wasn't too impressed with the A40's when I had them.  Not worth the high price tag in my opinion.  But, the build quality is good.

I did recommend the SteelSeries 9H, from what I've heard the Astro's don't have a good mic. Have you looked at headphones and a desk mic? If you want the built in mic then go for something cheaper and headphones.

I personally wasn't too impressed with the A40's when I had them.  Not worth the high price tag in my opinion.  But, the build quality is good.

What I want mainly is durability and quality. The problem with headset I had is they break internally.

I did recommend the SteelSeries 9H, from what I've heard the Astro's don't have a good mic. Have you looked at headphones and a desk mic? If you want the built in mic then go for something cheaper and headphones.

I don't really want headphones and a mic.

Then I'd say for the SteelSeries 9H.

Alright. Do you know if it's durable and solid? Internally and externally? Also yeah astros a no, need to buy the mix amp for 7.1 so it's to expensive.

I would say headphones and mic, but....nope. 

Unless you want audio advice....

WgfcMJa.gif

Alright, alright. I will give you a chance. What headphones and mic should I get?

Alright, alright. I will give you a chance. What headphones and mic should I get?

Can I get budget, music preference, and location.

Options are good, can never have to many, but I do need a prerequisite or three. 

Options are good, can never have to many, but I do need a prerequisite or three. 

Canada, price well 170$ and I really just want 7.1 sound 

Well, Razer Surround can give you a virtual surround on any game, and most games have a "Headphone" option that will do the same thing. 
So I suggest a pair of HD558's, if you can find them for your terabad canadaland prices (Not an insult, just a matter of fact)
If those are out of range, HD518's are just as good.  

IMO a decent pair of audiophile headphones are going to make you happier than a pair of "gamer" headphones. 7.1 surround doesn't really do much for headphones, it seems like more of a gimmicky thing, and stereo will do you just as good at hearing directions while giving better quality.

IMO a decent pair of audiophile headphones are going to make you happier than a pair of "gamer" headphones. 7.1 surround doesn't really do much for headphones, it seems like more of a gimmicky thing, and stereo will do you just as good at hearing directions while giving better quality.

Hmm.... 

Hmm.... 

He is right, his wording could have been better, but he is right regardless. 

He is right, his wording could have been better, but he is right regardless. 

Ok... so any suggestions?

Ok... so any suggestions?

Gave two already. Have two more, SE-A1000 for extreme budgeting, and AD700x is the best "gaming headphone" though its music performance is lacking in my opinion. 

Gave two already. Have two more, SE-A1000 for extreme budgeting, and AD700x is the best "gaming headphone" though its music performance is lacking in my opinion. 

Oh, sorry. Didn't saw your post.

if u want surround sound because of locational stuff in game u already get that in stereo mode/headphone mode for pretty much all pc games...

virual 7.1 (which is all headphones that say they have 7.1 in them) is just all software. 

Well, Razer Surround can give you a virtual surround on any game, and most games have a "Headphone" option that will do the same thing. 

So I suggest a pair of HD558's, if you can find them for your terabad canadaland prices (Not an insult, just a matter of fact)

9/10 stereo or "headphone" option in game will do a better job of doing surround than razer surround.

Oh, sorry. Didn't saw your post.

Tis good, is the first one in budget? If so by how much? 

Damn 279$ for the HD558.