P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
On 5/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, dartraiden said:

Yes, Chinese seller warns - " may not work on ASUS 4 gen"

Hey I got it working!! It’s running perfectly. Turns out that with my mobo, selecting “iGPU” as primary display (to enable onboard graphics) creates a resource conflict. I changed primary display to “PCIe”, then the error went away and on-board vid still works.

FYI for anyone with an Asus H81M-C/CSM.

P106 working perfectly, full game support, PhysX and DX12. I couldn't be more pleased.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, Brolo said:

Hey I got it working!! It’s running perfectly. Turns out that with my mobo, selecting “iGPU” as primary display (to enable onboard graphics) creates a resource conflict. I changed primary display to “PCIe”, then the error went away and on-board vid still works.

FYI for anyone with an Asus H81M-C/CSM.

HELLO ,CAN YOU POST YOUR MOBO SNAP ? my mobo:b85 seems to be the same wrong with yours'

this is my first post here but i need the modified inf file for p106-090 as i acquired a zotac p106 -090 and it seems i am unable to modifty the display.inf to make this work on 417.22

• 1 month later...

Newbie here, first post.

I've got a GA-H170-HD3 with Intel HD Graphics 630 and got p106 running on my MOBO. I'm using the DVI on my motherboard. It works good but I can only get 60Hz. I've used a GTX 1050Ti in the past with the same MOBO and managed to run 144Hz via DVI with a monitor that can output 144Hz refresh rate. Is there anyway to run this on my MOBO on 144Hz refresh rate?

※I've followed this japanese guy's instructions(changing registry)
https://nemlog.nem.social/blog/22684

Edited by Kaytiumius
add source how did I made it to work

I've got Windows Graphics Settings to allow me to choose the P106-100 as the High Performance option, but when I launch, say, Superposition with the High Perf P106 option chosen, it clearly runs on the iGPU (5fps on medium).

I figured since I was able to select the P106 I was golden, but this seems to be a whole different issue. Does anyone have any clue?

EDIT: Hey! I got it to work! Instead of deleting the registry, I changed it to 4 as specified in the following link and it worked like a charm! How delightful.

Edited by CallMePickle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I think I found a way to play on these cards without the need for integrated graphics and/or driver patching. It looks like the linux driver is not crippled in any way, so you can easily start X11, connect to it using x11vnc, install steam and use remote play/in-home streaming for you convenience. I've thrown up a howto at my blog: https://ncrmnt.org/2019/08/04/linux-gaming-with-p106-100/

The problems - SLI & NVENC do not work. Did anybody manage to get NvENC working on these cards? (at least in windows). NvENC is the only thing missing to make it an awesome headless gaming rig.

As for SLI, it seems that the virtualized Q35 chipset is not certified by nvidia. While windows drivers may be patched for SLI, I haven't found any info on how to fix 'em that in linux.

• 5 weeks later...

@SkySway, That google drive link seems to have degraded. Any chance you or one of our fellow members could attempt a re-upload?

Hi anyone have the same problem with me?

Im using p106-090

The GPU ran perfectly with 417.22 driver and registry edit

But it only ran on pcie x4 and not x8 since im using APU

my spec is

Ryzen 3 2200G

P106-090 (zotac)

8GB of RAM

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, Alicee3 said:

Hi anyone have the same problem with me?

Im using p106-090

The GPU ran perfectly with 417.22 driver and registry edit

But it only ran on pcie x4 and not x8 since im using APU

my spec is

Ryzen 3 2200G

P106-090 (zotac)

8GB of RAM

because your CPU doesn't support pcie x16  

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten any of the mining cards to work without an igpu? e.g using something like an rx 480 for video output and a p104-100 to render.

thats unfortunate  : ( seems like the p104 is a very cost effective option, too bad i would need a motherboard with a displayport output to even be able to power my ultrawide monitor.

can anyone confirm if the regedit mod works with the latest windows version or if microsoft fked it ?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guyz, I have a gigabyte p106 on windows 10 and it runs smoothly as a gaming card using the 417.22 driver no issues what so ever. 

My question (forgive me but because of rl my scedule is tight and dont have time to crawl all forums and posts to make sense of it) : is there an easy way to upgrade the driver without risking any issues or should I stay with my 417.22?

As I said with all the games I currently play there is no issue but some extra FPS or future game compatibility which the latest drivers bring wouldnt hurt unless its risky (needing to load custom bios etc)  and may not work.

Nope. 417.22 is the last working driver. In newer drivers, patching the driver makes it impossible to start.

Although very late but I finally managed to use the card in sandy bridge and Win10. My board is z77 chipset Asrock and processor is 2600k. Installed the driver as is and used the registry tweak. Then installed lucid virtu that came with the motherboard and ran DOTA2 on vulkan. It seems only open gl and vulkan works ATM. On the other side linux distribution like POP_OS ran the card from the get go. Didnt do anything, but still the card just worked. Games on steam just worked without a hitch, although the FPS had a limit imposed by pciex 1.1 limitation. Gonna try dxvk to run Warframe using lutris next. Thus far my conclusion is, this card can run vulkan even on 2nd gen intel hardware. If warframe checks out then i will be sure of that. Also I ran driver version 418.sth on linux and there was no problem. So I think linux will be a better option for those wanting to use latest drivers and steam games only.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Shibly said:

Games on steam just worked without a hitch, although the FPS had a limit imposed by pciex 1.1 limitation.

Try putting NVreg_EnablePCIeGen3=1 to /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia.conf

Might well do the trick. I didn't have the moment to test that one yet.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, ncrmnt said:

Try putting NVreg_EnablePCIeGen3=1 to /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia.conf

Might well do the trick. I didn't have the moment to test that one yet.

I take it is for linux. Linux is running the card very well in my desktop, no problems there. The problems that I got are:
1. running it with an egpu along with my 4th gen laptop without the pcie 1.1 limitation in windows (in a 1 x slot ofc as thats what mpcie port is physically)
2. Running it using some tweak in registry or somewhere in my 2nd gen based desktop in windows (**not that important, I am trying to upgrade this).
All I want to play now are DX based games, that I cant run using DXVK on linux like Shadow of war and Apex legends. In case of apex legend the anti cheat crashes somehow in linux and i get disconnected from server.

• 2 weeks later...

New to this forum.
I've watched Linus using mining cards like a normal GPU and thought, why not.
Bought a p106-100, snap it in to my GA-H170-HD3 MOBO, edit registry and voala!
Got myself a gaming rig with a value price.

One thing though, I can't seem to pass 60Hz or 60fps.
I have a monitor that is capable of 144hz.

Is there any way to tweak my MOBO to 144Hz??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just registered to ask questions and verify some facts about this method of using mining gpu:

* Do i need a p106-100 with a modded bios ? (from what i read here no but need to make sure)

* Can i use some other card like a p104-100 with the same method ?

* Do i absolutely need to have an integrated GPU on the motherboard ? can't i use some other old GPU i have laying around to connect my monitor  ?

* Have you guys found a cheap one in some other place than TaoBao ?

Thank you

Chris

- No

- Yes

- I tried P106-100 + GTX950 = no way (but I do not test registry hack... maybe this would allow to select preferred adapter in the Nvidia control panel )

- local second-hands (Avito.ru in Russia, probably in other countries there are similar sites)