P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway

Hi guys, so I'm new to the forum and came here for this thread...

So I have 8x asus p106-100 6g graphic cards, and upon removing the back shroud I found and hdmi and dpi port :D

Now the only problem is so far I have been unable to get the card to actcually outpu anything through it.

Do any of you have any idea what I should do?

And do any of you live in Europe and want to buy a video card realy cheap?

Hello guys.

1- I am having an issue. I can run games mostly fine except for the fact that I get massive stuttering as if the game is running 15 fps but is actually running 60+ however once I turn vsync ON or exit fullscreen mode games feel smooth as they should be. I am guessing it has to do with refresh rate. 
2- Aslo does anyone know if we can open Nvidia control panel by bypassing or something  "you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu"?
3-and lastly can we make p106 the default gpu? 

I have a MSI b85-g43 gaming, I5 46670K and 12 Gb ram. 

So i just got the p106 from a friend after seeing linus' video, any idea why i cant download the driver or where else i can find it?

Edit:Also my computer won't detect it anywhere for some reason

4 hours ago, Nigelate said:

So i just got the p106 from a friend after seeing linus' video, any idea why i cant download the driver or where else i can find it?

Edit:Also my computer won't detect it anywhere for some reason

here is the latest trick to get it working no need to modify the driver. however, Nvidia being Nvidia they stopped this workaround from working on the latest drivers.
also, it's important to DDU the previous Nvidia driver :
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

32 minutes ago, Mirror Reaper said:

here is the latest trick to get it working no need to modify the driver. however, Nvidia being Nvidia they stopped this workaround from working on the latest drivers.

Also watched the video, yet i cant seem to see my GPU anywhere, not in BIOS, the nvidia drivers dont recognize it(also i have an amd as it is, you recommend me DDU-ing these drivers?) neither in Device Manager.

I've got an i3 4330 and B85-PLUS

2 minutes ago, Nigelate said:

Also watched the video, yet i cant seem to see my GPU anywhere, not in BIOS, the nvidia drivers dont recognize it(also i have an amd as it is, you recommend me DDU-ing these drivers?) neither in Device Manager.

I've got an i3 4330 and B85-PLUS

you sure it's functional one? because even after installing the unmodified driver the GPU should appear in device manager at the very least. Try to ddu the Nvidia driver restart and reinstall the 417.22 driver  

Guys,  how did you managed to make the apps use the 106? I did everything right, installed the modified driver, selected the high performance card for 3D Mark and Uningine, but both default to the Intel card when the benchmark starts. The only thing that actually uses the P106 is the render test in GPU-Z.

In Win 7 I can run anything that can go borderless window. 3D mark runs but displays a black screen, then produces the result after the test is over. Superposition runs flawless in borderless mode.

In Win 10 I think the problem is the motherboard, I tried it on a HP system. 

Anyway, your registry trick works flawless even in Win 7, very neat job :)  

Now, if someone manages to trick the nvidia control panel into believing there's an actual display attached to the card, these P106's could be as good   as any 1060 6Gb.

2 hours ago, Adr1an_ said:

In Win 7 I can run anything that can go borderless window. 3D mark runs but displays a black screen, then produces the result after the test is over. Superposition runs flawless in borderless mode.

In Win 10 I think the problem is the motherboard, I tried it on a HP system. 

Anyway, your registry trick works flawless even in Win 7, very neat job :)  

Now, if someone manages to trick the nvidia control panel into believing there's an actual display attached to the card, these P106's could be as good   as any 1060 6Gb.

that would awesome

On 3/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, Mirror Reaper said:

So this worked for me perfectly, and it was super easy to use but is there any way to force windows 10 to ALWAYS use the P106 video card instead of the 'default' or 'power saving'?

15 hours ago, IReallyAmBatman said:

So this worked for me perfectly, and it was super easy to use but is there any way to force windows 10 to ALWAYS use the P106 video card instead of the 'default' or 'power saving'?

that's what we all want. I guess someone has to contact Microsoft customer service and ask them if it's possible.

You can uninstall the drivers for the Intel video card and in Windows 10 the P106 will appear as power saving card as well. But it's bugged, the games won't work this way (at leas on my setup).

i have installed fresh windows 10 pro after that i turned off autoupdate and went to safe mode to DDU drivers. After that i used shutdown.exe /f /o /t 00 command and turned off signing drivers. later i used 416.34 with swapped files  from (https://github.com/gerdesi/NVIDIA_P106). GPU in device manager shows as p106-100 .I tried to get in display options but there is no  "graphic settings" option. Can someone help ? i have p106-100 from gigabyte + i5 6600k and msi z170a g45. I also tried with 317.22 drivers with same effect. Any idea?

Did you installed the drivers for the Intel video? It won't work without them. (at least for me it doesn't)

intel driver was installed during or after windows installation because windows sees it as hd 530 and have that intel hd graphic manager. Does the windows version matters ? i have 1703.

I would also turn automatic updates off, just in case (M$ ...)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have found a way to open Nvidia Control Panel. Here is how I managed to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I've setup a p106 as part of a eGPU (Beast) that I'm using mainly for 3D graphics design (vray and lumion) and it works well. I did give a try on some gaming (forza horizon 3) and framerate is terrible (<10 fps)... I was wondering if it could be the pcie 1.1 x1 bus bottleneck, but it looks like ~90% tops on GPU-Z. Any advice on what I should check? any tool to monitor pcie bus more closely?

I'm using a UX-32VD Asus laptop with gen3 core i7 and 10GB of RAM.

Independently of the case, it would be nice if someone could unlock this limitation on p106 :)

tks!

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 00.08.56 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 00.08.56.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, maybe you can help me. After installing the P106 my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 now works in vga mode and has the yellow exclamation sign. (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use). But the P106 appears to have been installed correctly...

Any suggestions?

I have the Intel Haswell, Core i5 4570 3.2GHz on a MSI H87I AC motherboard running Windows 7.

Please guys, help a bro out! :D

14 hours ago, Enixer said:

I have the Intel Haswell, Core i5 4570 3.2GHz on a MSI H87I AC motherboard running Windows 7.

Please guys, help a bro out! :D

Interesting. I also pieced together a Haswell system, I'm running an i5 4670 with the same HD 4600 graphics on Windows 10. I'm getting the identical "free resources" error that prevents the card from working.

@Brolo. I got mine working. I had to update the motherboard bios... Also upgraded to windows 10 as it make more easy to use both gpus.

Good luck!

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, Enixer said:

@Brolo. I got mine working. I had to update the motherboard bios... Also upgraded to windows 10 as it make more easy to use both gpus.

Good luck!

I wish it were that easy for me! I started over with a Win 7 x64 install to rule out any Win 10 issues. My onboard HD4600 graphics install correctly then once I add the P106 to PCIe x16 port, I get code 12 errors in Device Manager. It did the same thing in Win10. BIOS is up to date. I dunno...maybe this mobo just isn't meant to run a P106.
(Mobo = Asus H81M-C/CSM)

Yes, Chinese seller warns - " may not work on ASUS 4 gen"