P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway
7 minutes ago, Gnork said:

Nice, then verifying is even easier than I thought :)

In version 416.34 these should be the only changes:  github (readme.md)

Could I buy a code signing certificate and sign these drivers, to play on games that don't allow test signing?

1 hour ago, Tschyp said:

I see the video is up.

Update on my case: I figured out some games won't work if windows is in test mode (Fortnite, Darwin Project). Specifically asking me to turn off test mode. But there is a way to selfsign driver and make it work on your system without test mode:

http://woshub.com/how-to-sign-an-unsigned-driver-for-windows-7-x64/

Great guide except the mentioned windows driver kit setup was buggy so I had to search for other version.

At the end P106-100 driver still wasn't signed, but the GTX 1060 6GB driver succesfully signed. Which is basically the same... And it's working perfectly with the card so far.

Is it possible u can share some results in fps in games like Fortnite? Also are you willing to share the driver? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, WDK said:

The modified driver is clean, and here's how you can check it yourself:

• Download both the modified and original version. The modified driver is based on driver 416.34. You can download the original one from the official NVidia website.
  • The executable for the driver installation can be extracted using 7-zip. This gives you a folder with the installer files and the setup.exe. Extract both the original and modified driver, each to a separate folder.
  • Use a comparing tool to check for differences between these two folders. I used BCompare, which has a free trial. This will give you a list of files that are different between the original and modified driver.
  • You can now see that the only file that was modified is nv_dispi.inf, which is simply a list of devices. All other files are identical.

I wonder if the .inf file could be used for newer drivers too then

First post here, signed up specifically because of the video. Go Linus.

So, my curiosity is if this might be do-able under linux, I suspect it would though I don't know enough to say for 100%. I'm aaaalmost curious enough to get a taobao account...

Any thoughts?

does anyone think this could be used as an external gpu for MacBook Pro ?

Something I find about p106 after using it for 1 month..

1:p106 need pcie x16 to get 95% performance,because it did't surpport pcie 3.0 or 2.0,and when it only has x8 or x4,it will lose 40% or 60% performance

2:some one tried flash bios of p106 but he failed, another one tried to add hdmi output but he also failed...

3:when you using laptop gpu like i7 4720hq(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXfgdyQxPQ ),you can open nvidia control pannnnel and set p106 as the default render gpu ,it worked on windows7-10.

4:you need window10 1803 or newer to set high performance gpu.

5:you need intel 4th gen or newer cpu,or amd apu, if you are using other cpu like i5 2500k ,you can't find p106 in high performance gpu even you do everything in right way.

6:you can use p106 on windows7 ,but you need lucid vitual mvp , and in this way you will lose 20-50% performace even it't work in pcie x16,intel 2nd gen cpu is not tested by me ,some one say he failed ,but i think he may make some mistake ..

7:using p106 play league of legends(or other directx9.0 games) on windows10 may have serious lag or crack problems..

-----------------------------------------A poor guy's computer---------------------------------------------

CPU->Sencend hand i7-4770T(ES)

Motherboard->Sencend hand MSI B85M_E45(could't put in a MATX computer case)

Memory->Sencend hand 16g (4g*2 kingston hyper X+4g*1 kingston+4g*1 gloway)

Graphiccard->Sencend hand Colorful GTX 1050(actually it's 99% new)

SSD->Toshiba Q300 240g(I won't write my date into a SECOND HAND SSD)

Hard Disk->Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB

Monitor->Sencend hand SAMSUNG C24F390(A senior sold me with a very LOW price)

Keyboard->Rapoo V500L

Mouse->JAMES DONKEY no.112

Power Supply->FSP320-60EGA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Someday I'll be afford to buy a brand new computer...)

11 hours ago, Greamos said:

Is it possible u can share some results in fps in games like Fortnite? Also are you willing to share the driver? 

Thanks

It's not simply installing my self signed driver. You need to add the certification created by me to your system as trustworthy.  

I would like to share my full experience trough a step by step video instead, so you can do it all by yourself on your own. This way you can create your own 100% trustworty (malwarefree) driver. Also my language skill is only lvl 1 crook. It will came trough I think... but it will sounds 'funny'

Edited by Tschyp
misspell

For those who are afraid of an undervolt, run MSI Afterburner and set the value of PL to +50.

13 hours ago, NoHrt said:

Works!

Here are my edited .INI files to support the P104!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13N3xxpVjKlUdaT2lFV5emMvEMjYciuWP

You will need to put these into the 416.34 driver

I've read online that the P104 actually has 8 gigs of VRAM instead of 4.

So how much can you use, I guess still 4 right? 

This card for example is called INNO3D P104-100 8GB, but it still only has 4 gigs.

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

you've made it into the video..gratz!!

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

HEY, I want to buy a P106 100 and cant read Chinese.The point is that I'm not rich and I am uncertain about "Taobao's return policy". What should I do?

My current specs:

CPU- Intel 7th gen G4560 ( HD-610)

MoBo: Gigabyte H100-S2PH (6th gen)

RAM: GSkill: 8GB

PSU: Came with CPU case.

@NoHrt

Do you mind doing a benchmark on the card ? and it's comparable to which gaming card (i'm assuming gtx 1070 ?) how much vram does it have ? and how much does the card cost ?

why are we using this specific driver version (416.34) when newer versions are out ?? can we keep doing for the latest drivers ? are there any deals fo the p104 and p102 (gtx 1080 equivalent)  ? does this work only with intel igpu or amd will work fine as well ? 

according to the guy in this video : (he has another version :zotac )  the card doesn't support directx 12 , and some games don't work (like Rainbow six siege) , because Battleye (ubisoft's anti-cheat) doesn't support self signed drivers , are these issue present with the gigabyte version ?

@GMAX BT did you check eBay? 4 available here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-mining-edition-p106-100-6gb-GTX1060-25mh-s-ETH-bitcoin-ethereum-crypto/113532412997

yes, benchmark would be really nice, also DirectX 9, is it true that Dx9 games performs worse than on real 1060s ?

@bingo "You can now see that the only file that was modified is nv_dispi.inf, which is simply a list of devices. All other files are identical. " from this post...  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1001580-p106-now-support-directx-not-official/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-12191917

1 minute ago, D4n said:

@GMAX BT did you check eBay? 4 available here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-mining-edition-p106-100-6gb-GTX1060-25mh-s-ETH-bitcoin-ethereum-crypto/113532412997

yes, benchmark would be really nice, also DirectX 9, is it true that Dx9 games performs worse than on real 1060s ?

Bruh, it wont ship in my country (Bangladesh) and I wont be able to pay more than 75 USD. thanks

It's basically the same approach for NVIDIA optimus laptops, I mean the iGPU takes care of showing the signal of something rendered on another GPU 

@D4n i'm not questioning the safety of the driver , i'm wondering why are we using this driver version specifically 

15 minutes ago, bingo said:

@D4n i'm not questioning the safety of the driver , i'm wondering why are we using this driver version specifically 

You can compare it yourself, the two .inf files xD I didn't yet, but I don't own an Nvidia card so I'd have to download the signed driver aswell... -.-

@D4n 

Maybe i didn't explain it properly , my question was why are we using 416.34 when newer versions are out ?

has anyone tried this with a Gigabyte P104-100? I think thats the mining 1070. 

1 minute ago, wemit said:

yuck. 3g model? That one has cut down cuda count too no?