Idea for Techquickie

Funzo89

Hello Everyone

I would like to make a recommendation for a Techquickie show. Will it possible for Linus and his team to make a video explaining why Mac's don't have BIOS while Windows based PC's do. I think this would be really interesting, and I know may people will love it.

3 minutes ago, Funzo89 said:

why Mac's don't have BIOS while Windows based PC's do. I think this would be really interesting, and I know may people will love it.

As long as it will make Linus ENOUGH money I am sure he will do it. It would be interesting to see the ratio of his pc vs mac video's.

2 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

99% sure they have an UEFI system like desktop PC's

https://www.imore.com/uefi-attack-and-the-mac-what-you-need-know

UEFI attack and the Mac: What you need to know

For owners of mid-2014 or earlier Macs, a new attack against a vulnerability in the UEFI boot script table is worth knowing about but won't affect most customers.

UEFI - Unified Extensible Firmware Interface — is what the Mac uses to boot from firmware and into the OS X operating system.

10 minutes ago, Funzo89 said:

Hello Everyone

I would like to make a recommendation for a Techquickie show. Will it possible for Linus and his team to make a video explaining why Mac's don't have BIOS while Windows based PC's do. I think this would be really interesting, and I know may people will love it.

He'll only make one if he can make Apple sound like the worst company in it and have some sort of shitty clickbaity title like "APPLE STARTUP PROCEDURE HACKED!!!"

47 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

He'll only make one if he can make Apple sound like the worst company in it and have some sort of shitty clickbaity title like "APPLE STARTUP PROCEDURE HACKED!!!"

He tired to say nice things about the iPhone... then got crucified.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

4 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

He tired to say nice things about the iPhone... then got crucified.

Exactly, because it's "Cool" to hate apple. :) 

-Edgy-

4 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Exactly, because it's "Cool" to hate apple. :) 

-Edgy-

Haha yea. I hate apple for lots of reasons, but I do believe in giving credit when they do things well. Some of the arguments in that video were kind of shabby, but there were a lot of good points.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

3 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

hate

3 hours ago, corrado33 said:

hate

part of life and part of human kind

They do have BIOS/UEFI. Macs are integrated systems, just like consoles. They have for ages used same hardware (just like consoles) with purpose build OS (just like consoles). BIOS/UEFI is locked and can't be accessed by user in normal conditions. BIOS/UEFI is UI for motherboards firmware.

Also, next time post into official suggestion thread

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv