Best text editor??

What do you guys think is the best text editor for java by that i mean like notepad ++ sublime... Also which is the best do you think for not as skilled people because programs like netbean seems really advanced.

notepad++ is pretty awesome

^^ I agree notepad++ is really good

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Notepad++ as wood said

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

you guys don't like sublime, this sounds weird but notepad++ seems to bright for me. sublime which is the one i most use seems to hurt my eyes the least.

Notepad++,SciTe,Edit+

Gotta love them all

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

you guys don't like sublime, this sounds weird but notepad++ seems to bright for me. sublime which is the one i most use seems to hurt my eyes the least.

f.lux

problem solved

eclipse?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I'm a huge advocate for Sublime Text, I guess it all depends on the least amount of strain on your eyes. Only you can decide which one that is.

I wouldn't call it a text editor, but rather an IDE, but for Java, IntelliJ is top of the pop with loads of plugins and other cool stuff like Eclipse. IntelliJ is a lot better at code completion and inspection.

However it is very rare I do anything in Java anymore. I am mainly writing C# at the moment, which I do with Visual Studio along with the ReSharper plugin, which can get me all the neat stuff from IntelliJ :)

No Vi or Emacs love here? I'm currently using Notepad++ on my windows machine but when I have to SSH into a Linux machine then Vi is pretty sweet.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

No Vi or Emacs love here? I'm currently using Notepad++ on my windows machine but when I have to SSH into a Linux machine then Vi is pretty sweet.

vim user here, but then I don't touch java stuff, so thats void really :P

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

vim user here, but then I don't touch java stuff, so thats void really :P

Oh, I missed that. Apparently I need to learn how to read.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Emacs - Alt-F4.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I use Sublime Text 2 for some time, it is the better code editor I found :)

IDE's are text editors aswell :P so in that case eclipse! I'm so mean to say such a thing so I'm gonna give a answer you want aswell which is notepad++;

Sublime Text 3 =D I really enjoy that I can open it up on Windows, Mac and Linux depending on my work situation, and find everything the same across all platforms.

I prefer IDEs for the Intelli-type when I program Java, I find in the long run that being able to auto-complete lines makes me more productive and that is literally the only reason I prefer IDEs to text editors for Java...

With that said... I think eclipse sucks... but unfortunately is the most widely used IDE in the industry... however, I highly recommend IntelliJ or NetBeans... they are worlds better...

Edit: Please note, I only prefer IDEs for languages that have a use for intelli-type... everything else I would suggest Emacs for :D

For the love of all that is holy! If you haven't tried out sublime text yet please do so. Read up on some of the handy functions, like anchored text selection for easy multi-line editing, the plugin system for things like script minifying and easy implementation and updating of frameworks such as compass.

It's really nice for anyone who's working with web-development or people who often take to a text editor to edit configuration files or scripts.

Thoroughness rating
#########

For the love of all that is holy! If you haven't tried out sublime text yet please do so. Read up on some of the handy functions, like anchored text selection for easy multi-line editing, the plugin system for things like script minifying and easy implementation and updating of frameworks such as compass.

It's really nice for anyone who's working with web-development or people who often take to a text editor to edit configuration files or scripts.

Where sublime is great, not everyone can afford it, I'll stick with vim.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I'll echo the crys of use an IDE.  Eclipse is a great one with lots of nice addons, expecially if you get into having to deal with CMing your code.

Notepad++ is the best editor. Many people dont know its proper usage. If you only know how powerful it is, you will not use any other editor