Good PC runs barely low graphics

I have a PC which has: 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i5, Nvidia 1050 Ti, etc. But as I heard, I have a monitor which is really bad and old... I need a cable to actually make use for 1050 Ti, It says im using 1680x1050,  with refresh rate of 60 Hz. Shall I buy a new monitor or what would fix the problem? If a new monitor please suggest some :), Thanks :P

What cable are you using to connect to the monitor?
HDMI?
DVI?
VGA?

I guess more importantly, what connections does the monitor have?

I restarted my monitor and it said VGA input so i guess thats that and about connections i dont know

If you look where the monitor is plugged in, are there any other ports available; does it have HDMI/DVI or display port?
That's besides the point really, it sounds like an old monitor and may only have a max resolution of 1680x1050... Still quite common in some company offices, lol.

What's your main issue here; I'm assuming you're wanting to get a resolution of 1920x1080?
If so, then a good cheap monitor for 1080p is the Acer KG271... It's only like £140.00 and has a low response time.
Connections are HDMI & VGA.
I'd recommend buying an HDMI cable if you haven't got one already.

This is a 27" display - you can also get a 21" display for about £90.

With my monitor Nvidia 1050 Ti does not run so I gotta play fortnite on 60 fps with low settings and 54% 3D+ Vsync.

You monitor is definitely plugged into the graphics card and not the on board display port on your motherboard, right?

Like my PC is so old, that I bought it in 2009, when my PC had 4 GB Ram I dont remember the video card and Intel core Pentium or whatever so its old as hell I need a new one. As linus said 4K is dumb af, so im looking for a monitor that will be able to run new games with at least 120 fps? :/ People with my kind of PC-s run fortnite in 180 fps or so with high textures i mean graphics or whatever

also my pc makes noises even though its like 1 year old 

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

vga only has a certain bandwith, and 1920x1080 60 hertz is too much for that

Like this guy just said, VGA is very limited.
It can certainly do 1920x1080, but doing so, you'll probably get a severe drop in image quality.
I believe VGA can support higher resolutions and higher refresh rates, but you need an actual monitor that can support it, which it sounds like you don't and cables I'm assuming.

The sound of your PC, without being next to it, or seeing it, it's hard to tell; it could be coming from the CPU fan, a case fan, the PSU or graphics card, lol.

If you want a 144hz monitor, maybe look at the Acer XF240H?
Trying to keep the costs low, there are other ones with G-Sync/Free Sync, but this suggestion is at least a good performer on a budget.