The right amount for the right job

Tridanite

I was wondering what psu I should I get?

Currently I am running an:

AMD 8120 stock

12gb ram

2 stock coolers from the oem

2 tb hdd

and I hope to add either a radeon 7850 or 7770.

I would like something modular and don't wan't to spend a lot over 120-140 for it.

Also I did see that Linus had a mitx build where he included a 450w 80 plus gold, are these possible for a build such as mine?

Thanks for any advice!

Get the colermaster silent pro 600 or the seasonic g series ssr 550rm both of which are 80+ gold and are great quality powersupply.....they cost about 90$. I would choose the coolermaster one ....its quiet and efficient.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

The Corsair HX650 is a good choice for almost any build, especially in your case. 650 watts is a good size to allow some breathing room, you could go with something like a 450w, but you'd probably be running at close to max wattage during heavy tasks, and you wouldn't have any room to upgrade. It's also modular and is 80+ Bronze certified. At the price of $130 USD (http://goo.gl/ID0CU) it would be a very good choice for your purposes.

For PSUs, you should check out johnnyguru. Afaik he has the best psu reviews out there. Under 150, check the OCZ ZS Series ZT.

decent brand, 500-600W, modular cables... there are A LOT of such PSUs ...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I always say to buy a good power supply brand (only seasonic, silverstone, and corsair for me - yes, I'm aware of how seasonic OEMs for the other two) and completely ignore the wattage. rather, count the power connectors themselves - make sure you have enough connectors of the right types.

the key point to this is to buy a good unit from a good brand.

skullbringer I know that and I have looked up a lot of such psu for further info and well they have turned out to be not what people expected so I figured hey why not get advice from people who have used them first instead of going and finding one and then asking because that is tedious. There is a reason to the madness :P

Thanks for all of the advice guys I will look into all of these. :)

forgot to make a recommendation: go with the cx430m (or the cx500m if you're especially worried). the 'm' for modular is important unless you're REALLY tight on your budget.

550-650W is enough :)

Something like an Antec HCG 620W Modular would be a decent PSU for that build, or if you're looking for 80+ Gold you could consider something like a Corsair HX-650; modular 80+ Gold for around $130-150