That answers my question, I will start from scratch and just keep my case and PSU. My end goal for this build is MASS data storage (mostly video) that can be quickly accessed across my network both wireless and wired by PC, MAC, IPad, Apple TV, etc. I currently use VLC but also have Plex and would like to keep using either one, I am not so great on the programming side and why I like these two media apps. I may install a good 4K graphics card and have this unit directly connected to my main TV and act as a media PC, my office is right next to my great room which is where I watch most my stuff. I guess my next question to those of you that have stayed current is what really do I need? I tend to be of the school of buy the best so it will last longer and usually hold up better.
But do I need to go crazy on CPU, RAM, MB for what I want this to do? I do not game, but am a movie_tv junkie, I have a MacBook Pro and a separate PC rig for my video editing and actual work I do.
Priorities of this rig:
1. Mass Data Storage 64TB of HDD in some RAID config (advice here would be much appreciated as well)
2. Fast Read/Write to the drives from other devices.
3. Media PC - Graphics for 4K video display (video so 120hz at best)
4. Media PC - Great sound running a 9.1 system in great room.
5. Water cooled and as quiet as possible. I will water cool the drives as well,
Any advice or products I should consider is greatly appreciated, real excited to get back in this game.