My younger brother got new PC parts for his birthday and I spent the day putting it together. He got a new processor and a new case, most of the other parts are from his previous build.
Currently, he has a-
- Ryzen 5 2600
- Radeon RX 480
- Biostar b350gt5 motherboard
- 8GBx2 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400
-EVGA 500W power supply. not sure what rating it is
- CoolerMaster MasterLiquid LC240E RGB water cooler
- 1TB Hybrid SSHD
- NZXT H510i case
The problem right now is that the computer turns on. Fans spin, hard drive spins, graphics card spins, but nothing displays on the monitor. Plugging the HDMI cable into the graphics card does make the screen wake up, but it says No Signal and shuts back off.
We've already tried-
- Putting the old processor back in to see if the new one was a defect
- Put a different graphics card in to see if the RX 480 somehow got messed up while building
- Reconnecting all of the cables
- Put one RAM stick in every slot and see if it booted, did the same with the other RAM stick.
- Made sure all of the connections were all the way in
- Cleared the CMOS
The only thing I haven't tried is updating the BIOS, but I don't think that's the problem because if it was, then his old processor would've worked when we put it back in but it didn't. Our current theory is that something went wrong with the motherboard or hard drive in the transfer.
I'm very new to PC building, I built my first one after getting a new case and upgraded parts, just like my brother did now but he wanted me to build it for him so I did. I'm not really sure where to go from here so any advice would be appreciated.
EDIT: There was a light on the motherboard hidden behind the graphics card that was showing red. My dad looked it up and said it had something to do with the power but I'm not sure how true this is