After what is now almost six years of using a laptop with GT 650M, I've decided to do an upgrade, a big one. I am planning to buy 2600X and pair it with GTX 1070Ti. My first intentions were to buy Turing once it comes out. However it just isn't what I was hoping for and those prices, I don't even want to talk about that. Yes, ray tracing does look good, but that is kinda useless when you cant afford it.:D. So I quickly reopted to Pascal and I think that 1070Ti is a card worth buying.
Since I want to do some 3D and videoediting besides gaming, AMD is better choice for me, especially now, when prices of Intel CPUs are so inflated
I've already bought the mobo, because I got a good deal on it - I got the AIO gratis with it.
There are also some other things I want to discuss. I am still not sure if I should buy the GPU now. 2070 benchmarks are just around the corner so I'll wait at least for that. However there are also rumours about yet another Polaris refresh, that could maybe lower the prices just a bit. Or maybe the prices will rise owing to US tariffs - I know that EU isn't directly affected by them, but what if manufacturers decide to increase prices here too by few percent to make the difference between EU and US smaller? I was also thinking about waiting till 7nm GPUs arrive. Like getting something really cheap now and upgrade next year. On the other hand I really don't want to wait any longer. Almost every day I see a game coming out which I'd like to play but my PC can't handle it.
So, that's basically it. What do you guys think?