My, oh my have I been lazy with this build log... but not with the build. It is done! I'll try to go through what I did.
I test fitted the internal structure with some of the parts in, and after some adjustments with the motherboard I/O, power supply support/brace thing and part of an air duct, I coated everything black with a nice layer of Plastidip.
Then I pretty much fit everything in right away, these are the specs:
CPU: Pentium G4400
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110N
RAM: 1x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB
PSU: Apevia SFX Power Series 300W
SSD: Inland Basic Professional 128GB M.2
HDD: Toshiba 500GB 5400RPM
Fans: 3x 50mmx15mm fans i forget the name of that are really loud and spin at 6500RPM
I was so happy with the result, despite being a bit rough around the edges. I was less happy with the performance, despite expecting it. The bottleneck was the processor, leaving the GPU only 80% utilized, which was surprising. I thought the G4400 would be better. It made me want something more powerful, maybe with four cores instead of just two. I also wanted a blower-style gpu, as that is what the case was designed to use.
Cheapness was thrown out the window....
I found an RX 570 4GB reference and an i5-6600T. I got the 6600T because I wanted something that used as little power as possible and left a lot for the gpu. I don't really want to test the limits of the power supply more than I am. Looking for a heatsink, I found the Arctic Alpine 12 Passive, which was not what I was looking for, but I decided to give it a try.
The graphics card was a huge problem at first. I had to flash the bios since it was refusing to accept the drivers and said it was a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" Comically, it also said it was always at 100% load at 0 degrees C, and that the VRM efficiency was 185% while is was using upwards of 15,000,000 watts. Even after flashing the bios, it refused the drivers for quite some time until I went back to 18.7.1 drivers. After that, it refused to run at stock speeds. It was running around 1050MHz instead of 1264. This could be fixed by pushing the power limit to +50%, but it increased power consumption farther than I wanted, 170 watts instead of 120 watts. I settled for +25% power, where it seems to sit around 1150MHz. I also got an easy overclock of +250MHz on the memory, which made up for the losses from the underperforming core.
The passive heatsink works reasonably well on the processor at full synthetic load, reading a max temperature of 84 degrees, but it only sits at 50 degrees in games. The GPU is louder than a jet if it gets to 80 degrees due to my fan curve, but sits at 73 normally and the noise is bearable.
And there we go. The Ammo Can PC. Not the prettiest but it's good enough.
It needs a name so I called it Bunker Box.
Yea never mind, I and everyone else I know just calls it the Ammo Can.