Left out Minecraft, because I doubt that there's anyone here who wants to see me stream that (feel free to speak up if otherwise): Plus the games seen on GameJolt, from my previous post (FNaF fan games). Lots of options
Currently considering the following products:
Not sure if it will be able to pass a full 16 lanes to a backplane/enclosure. If not, I'll have to gut the T7610 and toss it in a bigger case...
EDIT :: Ooo - what's this?...
Not the best video, but it did allow me to see inside the thing (T7610) a bit more. Gotta figure out what its PSU is sporting, so I can plan ahead more. This summer, the E5 Xeons are coming...
SSDs don't undergo defragmentation. As @Mira Yurizaki has stated, they undergo TRIM. Please have a look: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3188460/storage/when-to-check-defrag-and-optimize-storage-devices.html https://blog.oo-software.com/en/defragmentation-and-ssds-opportunities-and-risks I hope that you find these readings helpful. Do have a good day...
Google's Project Stream has ended recently. Who here liked the experience? Who here is waiting for a copy of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey? And who's waiting for another go?!
Last Status Update of the night. Since the mouse for my current workstation has been acting like crap at times, I'm planning on replacing it during the summer as well. I believe I have already found a suitable replacement...
Has anyone seen the movie this clip is from? If so, please feel free to tell what you think of it
Welp, looks like I have a new shopping list to work on:
- (black) MacBook4,1 battery
Husky 46-piece Tool set
- Fosmon HYBO-V Series Hybrid case (since I missed the last sale )
- either a pair of JBL E50BT's or Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's
- bicycle inner tube
- Google Chromecast 2 or 3?
- maybe a Wacom if I ever get into an art class next semester?
This would be outside the budget for my summer workstation build, so the money for these will be more limited. Listed in order of priority...
- Show previous comments 1 more
No one else has advice?
Go for the ath-m50x over the ath-m50, the removable cable is worth the extra money.
You can find used Wacoms for relatively cheap
I don't use cases for my 1000 dollar phone *living on the edge*.
I do have insurance for it though.Quote
Husky 46-piece Tool set
This reply was brought to you by ifixit.
@Cinnabar Sonar I see that - the m50's was a typo. I meant to put m50x's. I'll go on and correct that for the Status Update. The link/search has it corrected, though (thank goodness).
Kinda fun to see how far my PC has come since summer 2017:
Name :: It's a Computer, for Fun
- Processor :: Intel Xeon X5472
- Motherboard :: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
- Cooling :: Stock Intel CPU Cooler (most likely meant for Core 2 Duo/Quad)
- Memory :: 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-888 PC2-6400
- Video Card(s) :: NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti + NVidia GeForce GT 520
- Storage :: 4TB Seagate Central 5900rpm HDD (from a teardown) + 500GB Seagate 5400rpm HDD
- Display(s) :: HP ProDisplay P17A
- Case :: Thermaltake Versa H22 (basic model - no glass)
- Audio Device(s) :: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
- Power Supply :: SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-650HT ATX PSU
- Mouse :: Logitech M325
- Keyboard :: Logitech K120
- Software :: Windows 10 Enterprise
- Now, with dual X58 Xeons (current specs on my profile) And I'll be getting even more powerful when my Xeon E5 hypervisor arrives One VM will have the same (if not more) computational power as the entire Xeon X5472 rig. Shocking, to say the least...