Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is not a relevant topic for this forum as I am new here. I'll explain my problem as follows.
Currently I'm working on my PhD right now which is partially funded through a government grant and am having difficulties buying computational hardware.
1. I am using classical molecular dynamics (mainly) to study one dimensional semiconductor nano-materials for thermoelectric applications. I am mostly looking into Si nano-wires and thermal conductivity suppression through diameter modulation. I'll provide details on exactly what I'm doing if required.
2. I am in Sri-Lanka and just started the PhD (I am the first student studying this field from the department although my supervisor followed the same field and is guiding me through the process).
3. Currently, I am using a workstation available in the department Intel Xeon-W2155 (32GB ram) with quadro P620 graphics card and also a PC which I built through my own expenses (i9 9900K without a GPU).
4. I am currently being paid a stipend sufficient to account for my living costs through a grant.
5. However, as I keep working on the simulations, I now understand that I am seriously being limited by the available computational power.
6. I am also saving money to buy a Quadro RTX 4000 (which is the maximum I can go for) but would probably have to wait for another 5-6 months until I can afford it.
7. Would anyone please consider if it would be possible to provide me with some sort of assistance in obtaining better computational capabilities (CPU based or GPU based both works). Either by providing remote access to perform the simulations or by providing me with some decent equipment which may be getting discarded ( I am willing to pay a reasonable amount along with shipping and wouldn't mind trying to repair a broken graphics card even if any are available to be spared).
8. I am open for suggestions as well and would be able to provide a written document explaining the situation through the head of the department if required.
9. I am also open to acknowledging any assistance in research articles which may be published.
I would very much appreciate it if someone considers assisting me on this to some extent. Also, I understand that excess computational power is not something that is freely available and also that what I am asking for may be way too much to be provided.