So, I was upgrading my wife laptop with a new SSD. My steps were:
1. Connect original hdd and SSD to my desktop
2. Clone the HDD (windows partition) to the SSD using macarium
3. plug in SSD to laptop and boot up.
4. Verified windows boot was working.
5. Created a new partition on the SSD from the laptop.
After that, I reconnected the SSD to my desktop to copy back files from the old HDD (Data Partition). Completed the copy. Verified the data was there.
After copying was done. I plus the SSD back in and rebooted to windows. But the Data partiton on the SSD was blank.
Anyone can explain what happened? Anyone can help me get the files to appear again?