so I currently have an i5 4590
and I'd like to upgrade (to either the 4770 or 4790)
and Im not sure if those 2 cpus will make much of a difference over my current one.
The main reason I'm upgrading is because of VR... I use an OSVR HDK 2 which while running the osvr server my cpu is at 20% just because of that one program, and then all the other things make the overall usage at 35% ish and then that only leaves 65% for the game im running. its constantly at 100% in games. and as my current cpu is the very minimum for vr i feel like upgrading it would help performance a lot.
the reason why i'm not going from the 4590 to a Ryzen 5 1600 or i5 7600k or higher for example is because I'd have to upgrade the RAM, Motherboard as well as the cpu, and the current cooler i have i don't think is compatible with the 1151 socket or AM4 socket. so i'd have to get another one and also the fact that its not the best cooler lol... and Australian pc part prices are astronomical... so all that'd cost a nice $800-$1000
and the cost of the i7 4770 (used) is $210 and the i7 4790 (also used) is $265
please help me decide if it will be worth it and if so, which one to get