Am I making the right choice? (MSI GTX 780Ti)

Go to solution Solved by Osmium,

In terms of performance going Nvidia or AMD is kind of dumb. If you in the future think you will get a G-Sync monitor go nvidia otherwise the 290X might be better on account of Mantle.

@MeltyMoon 's suggestion is also viable but I personally tend to stay away from dual card due to the issues that surround it.

Hey! I am very close to buying a MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming. I can get it for about 650 euro (900 dollars). I have a dual monitor setup with one at 2560x1440p and one at 1280x1024p. Bottlenecking will not be an issue. I've read in some reviews, that the frame buffer of 3GB will be filled up very quickly with a UHD (2.7K) monitor, so what I'm wondering is whether buying an ASUS R9 290x would be a better choice because of the larger buffer. I will be playing demanding games like Metro and Crysis, so I will be utilizing the full potential of the card.
Personally I'm a bit of an Nvidia fanboy, because I've never been disappointed with any of their cards and because I feel like I'm buying a quality, but this doesn't mean I'm reluctant to buy an AMD card.

Please respond as soon as possible, as I have to choose VERY soon.

Thanks in advance!  ;)

Personally, for 1440p, I would suggest a dual gpu solution. You could pick up something like two 280x cards for the same price as one 780ti. As for memory usage, I max out my 3 gigs in BF4 at 1440p :( Although I still get something along the lines of 90+fps average at 1440p with two 7950s ;)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

if you are playing 2.5k it won't too much of a problem. Also it is a very powerful card. If you want to go AMD then the R9 290X Asus DCUII is a great option.

In terms of performance going Nvidia or AMD is kind of dumb. If you in the future think you will get a G-Sync monitor go nvidia otherwise the 290X might be better on account of Mantle.

@MeltyMoon 's suggestion is also viable but I personally tend to stay away from dual card due to the issues that surround it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"