msi z87 g65 debug code 00

Greger

Just bought a few upgrades for my rig and it just refuses to boot and by that i mean i get NO signal to my screen and neighter does my usb eequipment. I just keep getting The 00 code on The debug display

My setup

Zotac-geforce-gtx 780

630w psu

Intel core i5 4670k

Msi z87 g65 gaming

16 gb corsair 1600mhz

Grab your motherboard manual and see what the debug code means.

Interested in Business and Technology

Grab your motherboard manual and see what the debug code means.

i cant find any explanation for 00 but for D0 it says late CPU initialization. What does that mean?

i cant find any explanation for 00 but for D0 it says late CPU initialization. What does that mean?

Either the CPU is broken or the Mobo BIOS is corrupted i think . Best thing you can do is contact MSI and ask for support on this.

Interested in Business and Technology

Try resetting the CMOS and and re-seating the GPU. Also check all power cables going to both the GPU and the Motherboard. Re-seat those as well.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Try resetting the CMOS and and re-seating the GPU. Also check all power cables going to both the GPU and the Motherboard. Re-seat those as well.

resetted The cmos and The problem still exsist i also reseated The cables

resetted The cmos and The problem still exsist i also reseated The cables

Can you pull out the GPU and instead try to boot with the on board graphics on the motherboard? 

Does the same thing happen?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Just bought a few upgrades for my rig and it just refuses to boot and by that i mean i get NO signal to my screen and neighter does my usb eequipment. I just keep getting The 00 code on The debug display

My setup

Zotac-geforce-gtx 780

630w psu

Intel core i5 4670k

Msi z87 g65 gaming

16 gb corsair 1600mhz

Try what ionbasa said first,if that doesn't work then change to your second bios (Under your 24 pin connector on the motherboard there is a multi bios switch, change it to the other side) and see if it boots up then 

Can you pull out the GPU and instead try to boot with the on board graphics on the motherboard?

Does the same thing happen?

with or without the graphics card, problem is still there

Try what ionbasa said first,if that doesn't work then change to your second bios (Under your 24 pin connector on the motherboard there is a multi bios switch, change it to the other side) and see if it boots up then

tried that aswell still same problem

Are you sure the error code is zero zero and not D zero? I know on those LED's sometimes the characters can look similar. Because it sounds like you have a CPU issue. Code 00 doesn't exist.

Also your motherboard is a MSI Z87 GD65, not a G65, that doesn't exist. Can you confirm that no CPU pin is bent?

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Are you sure the error code is zero zero and not D zero? I know on those LED's sometimes the characters can look similar. Because it sounds like you have a CPU issue. Code 00 doesn't exist.

Also your motherboard is a MSI Z87 GD65, not a G65, that doesn't exist. Can you confirm that no CPU pin is bent?

oh, sorry im on my phone, what i see is 2 identical numbers on the led display, so you be the judge. What does D0 mean? Also i find it incredibly Hard to tell if a pin is bent, to me it looks like half of the entire area of pins are bent

oh, sorry im on my phone, what i see is 2 identical numbers on the led display, so you be the judge. What does D0 mean?

Late CPU initialization. Could indicate CPU issues or BIOS issues. Your motherboard should have dual BIOS. Swap over to the other BIOS and try to boot. If it still doesn't work update both BIOS and try then.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Late CPU initialization. Could indicate CPU issues or BIOS issues. Your motherboard should have dual BIOS. Swap over to the other BIOS and try to boot. If it still doesn't work update both BIOS and try then.

sorry but how do i update bios?

sorry but how do i update bios?

Try switching to the 2nd BIOS first though.

Download the BIOS from http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html#download

Read the manual on how to update the BIOS. (usually involves putting BIOS on a bootable USB stick and using M-Flash utility or some other utility). Also this article may or may not help you - http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/10/msi_z87gd65_gaming_lga_1150_motherboard_review/3#.Usc5q_uZhvA NVM that article is just an overview.

PSU

Try switching to the 2nd BIOS first though.

Download the BIOS from http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html#download

Read the manual on how to update the BIOS. (usually involves putting BIOS on a bootable USB stick and using M-Flash utility or some other utility). Also this article may or may not help you - http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/10/msi_z87gd65_gaming_lga_1150_motherboard_review/3#.Usc5q_uZhvA NVM that article is just an overview.

sorry for being a complete newbie but how am i supposed to do that without a monitor?

sorry for being a complete newbie but how am i supposed to do that without a monitor?

First of all you need to try switching your BIOS. Look in your manual about swapping to the other BIOS. It should be a little switch on top/under the motherboard.

If that still doesn't work then you need to check your CPU socket for bent pins. If there are bent pins you need to carefully move it back into alignment using a toothpick or a needle.

If there are bent pins and that doesn't fix it then the board needs to be RMA'd. If there are no bent pins and the BIOS swap doesn't fix it then I don't know what to tell you.

Take out all but 1 piece of RAM, and your GPU if your motherboard has onboard video and try it that way. If it still doesn't work you might need to RMA the motherboard and or the CPU.

PSU