[Done... For Now!] Serenity (4960x, GTX770)

Only found this topic recently but definitely subbed, love the ws board, together with the new x99 ws one of my favorite boards

I was wondering when someone was going to get some of these. Do you have some noctua's to compare? Also am I the only one that wises more 140mm SP fans would com out?

They're essentially Gentle Typhoon's. 

As for 140mm SP fans, I generally point to NF-A14's.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I was wondering when someone was going to get some of these. Do you have some noctua's to compare? Also am I the only one that wises more 140mm SP fans would com out? Also FFF = For Fuck's Sake lul :P I still find it odd they still went with grey, especially with all the complaints. Then with the FFS that bright red cable.

I do have an NF-F12 in my server that I could use to compare, what's up?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

They're essentially Gentle Typhoon's. 

As for 140mm SP fans, I generally point to NF-A14's.

Theyre a bit different. I have A14's and P14 Redux's but I wish there were some more good options.

I do have an NF-F12 in my server that I could use to compare, what's up?

Idk compare the two in every way imaginable?

Theyre a bit different.

Idk compare the two in every way imaginable?

It's pretty much just the impeller that's different.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I was wondering when someone was going to get some of these. Do you have some noctua's to compare? Also am I the only one that wises more 140mm SP fans would com out? Also FFS = For Fuck's Sake lul :P I still find it odd they still went with grey, especially with all the complaints. Then with the FFS that bright red cable.

There already are 140mm SP fans but they are not good at all compared to noctua 140mm fans

Also avoid the Vardar fans, their specs don't offer very good performance for the noise level

It's pretty much just the impeller that's different.

Pretty much the entire thing is different. The only thing they have in common is that they are gray with a black frame, that is all.

They are louder too, and the tone of noise is much worse than the GTs.

You can skip to the end of the video to see the numbers, or you can listen to each fan and you will see how the vardar fans sound horrible

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There already are 140mm SP fans but they are not good at all compared to noctua 140mm fans

Also avoid the Vardar fans, their specs don't offer very good performance for the noise level

That's what I mean. There are good 120mm ones work on scaling them up.

From what I saw they are quieter than the Swiftech Helix fans.

Pretty much the entire thing is different. The only thing they have in common is that they are gray with a black frame, that is all.

-snip-

You can skip to the end of the video to see the numbers, or you can listen to each fan and you will see how the vardar fans sound horrible

They're technically not GT's and are manufactured in China but they're basically GT's.

900x900px-LL-631c1a0b_FacebookEk.png

-snip-

Too bad the videos don't talk about how much air they move or the pressure :( Where did you hear about the performance being bad?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

That's what I mean. There are good 120mm ones work on scaling them up.

From what I saw they are quieter than the Swiftech Helix fans.

Yes, the swiftec fans are VERY loud, over 30DBa even...

They're technically not GT's and are manufactured in China but they're basically GT's.

900x900px-LL-631c1a0b_FacebookEk.png

They did their best to copy them, and they look and perform very similar, but they sound different and louder

Too bad the videos don't talk about how much air they move or the pressure :( Where did you hear about the performance being bad?

I got the pressure and airflow ratings from their website. At their respecive rpms, they have worse airflow than noctua, with less static pressure and more noise.

You can see the airflow vs pressure chart here:

pq_ad_vardar.png

Their noise levels (not shown in the chart) are 23.7dba (1150rpm) 25.6dba (1450rpm) 29.5dba (1850rpm) 33.5dba (2200rpm) and 42dba (3000rpm)

PS- take Pa (pascal) and divide that by ten, and you get mmH2O which is what noctua fans are measured at

Now compare the airflow or static pressure to noise level and clearly noctua fans are much quieter for the same performance

One example:

Vardar 1150rpm                     Noctua redux 120mm 1200rpm (i chose redux because most people would prefer gray over beige)

68 m3/h                                  100.6 m3/h

0.9 mmH2O                            1.31 mmH2O

23.7dba                                  18.1 dba

And this is pretty much the same for all other noctua fans compared to the vardar fans at the same rpm. I see a lot of people getting excited over these EK fans because they are supposed to be similar to Gentle Typhoons, but honestly there are better options out there...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020