3930k 10 degrees difference between cores

Go to solution Solved by coen113,

my core2 is much hotter than my core0, 

I am currently overclocking my CPU and seeing what I get. So far its been stable but something that has been bothering me is the fact that "core 2" is a lot cooler than "core 0" by as much as 10 sometimes 12 degrees Celsius. Here is a CoreTemp reading:

post-1765-0-10904800-1388681726.png 

(Ignore the power wattage, at that point it went a little strange but fixed itself moments later)

Is it an issue or should I just ignore it? I know cores tend to vary temps but that much difference? It's always in that order as well with Core 2 being the coolest and Core 0 being the warmest. 

Well i wouldn't call that program accurate, considering its reporting your CPU is pulling 3465W???

Also you cant OC anymore with your current cooling that you are at the moment the Tcase for that chip is 66.8c and your hitting 70c so dial it back.

but yes the varying temps are normal. but always trust BIOS readings more than any software.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well i wouldn't call that program accurate, considering its reporting your CPU is pulling 3465W???

Also you cant OC anymore with your current cooling that you are at the moment the Tcase for that chip is 66.8c and your hitting 70c so dial it back.

Tj max is 90 degrees. That's the one you need to look at not Tcase. 

Tj max is 90 degrees. That's the one you need to look at not Tcase. 

try using HWMonitor

My cores are often ~10C apart when using RealTemp.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

try using HWMonitor

Still reports around 10 degrees difference.

My cores are often ~10C apart when using RealTemp.

So this is normal then? What would I look at then? The hottest core?

So this is normal then? What would I look at then? The hottest core?

I usually take the temp for the hottest core, not sure if it's normal though :P

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Alright then I guess its fine. Just wanted to check though.

I just bought a brand new 3930k and I'm seeing exactly the same thing.  At this particular moment I'm seeing 65,72,65,69,71,63 C for my cores while running a stress test.  Maybe it's just the sensors in this batch.  My other 3930k has about a 5C difference between the hottest and coolest cores generally.  

One of your cores might be right.  Maybe.  Basically pick one and go with it (be that your hottest or your coolest or somewhere in the middle).  Given how close the cores are physically to each other, they should be very similar in temperature, and 10C is not particularly similar.  I use RealTemp GT, and you can calibrate the sensors yourself to whichever core you want, if you don't like seeing the number discrepancy.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

reporting your CPU is pulling 3465W???

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

I stated I noticed that, I think it was a minor blip that I didn't notice until I posted the screenshot. Most of the time it was reporting 150w though. 

Maybe it's a faulty sensor? I don't think it's anything to worry about though  :P

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |