Cooler Master HAF Stacker

LinusTech

Lian Li BZ-U08B is a power switch that you can put anywhere there is a 5.25 inch drive bay available.

That is not even remotely useful for a build like this. The 5.25" bay is going to be used for a bluray drive, and the case should not be on the market without a included power switch anyway, IMO. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I waited until 1 o'clock in the morning for this... haha, no I didn't. But have been waiting for this video!

HAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA OMG YOU'RE SO FUNNY! OMG STOP.

-_-  <_<

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

feels like a very unnecessary case

Definitely not. Very useful. This case is not created for the gamer. It's created for the professionals. Either for a server or for video editing. This case can hold 2 motherboards and can hold a zillion hard drives in the 3 unit case. If you purchase 935 and 915 S. 915 R already comes with Stacker.935. 

Here is a scenario for video editing. On one motherboard you can render a video that might take 3 hours to render. On the other motherboard you can edit the video at the same time. You can put in two liquid cooling systems, one for each CPU, and you can have RAID 10 for massive storage to store all of your videos. You only have to pop in a KVM switch to switch between the two motherboards using the same monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Ever wonder why Linus talks about NAS Servers over the years. Ever wonder why Linus has a full time employee for video editing?

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

As anyone ever seen two 20 pin connectors on a PSU? If so that PSU will be great for this case.

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

I have a feeling if this thing was truly fully loaded, and fell over.. it would crush Linus. I'm ditching my HAF 932 because it fell over once.. the earth will never truly be the same shape.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

At $300-$400 this case is competitor to CaseLabs and I think it loses.  Caselabs offers more flexibility, a cleaner ascetic and superb build quality for a similar price. 

This or 900D that is the questions?

Intel 3570k/ASRock Z77 extreme4/Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3/ASUS GTX 660 DirectCU2 OC two way SLI/Corsair CX750W/Corsair Hydro H80i/2TB Western Digital/120GB Agility3 SATA3/Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid Tower/Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 wireless/Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red /Logitech G500// Did I miss something?

This or 900D that is the questions?

900d any day. it looks so much cleaner

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

For some kind of unknown reason, I love the concept  :ph34r: ...

I really like this case i'm thinking it's one of my top options if i wanted to watercool.

Now according to their utterly horrible scrolly website the 935 is 7mm wider (235mm vs 228mm) than 915 i don't see that on their photos or in this video so maybe there is a chance that you could fit:

2x Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 - 2x 80 mm 

3 layers of 3x 25mm fans

(total 235mm not accounting for stuff like screw heads and fan filters)

if you REALLY tried to 

alternatively you could use a slim fan or only 2 layers of fans with long screw or something.

although i don't know how you would put a set of fans between two radiators (i guess the pressure would be enough to hold them in place lol)

also would be nice if it had  handles.

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

i like it but i dont want it i would have a lot of wasted space in that case but i do like it as a server option very nice for that

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

We have some updates to the HAF Stacker coming and we'll share in the near future.

For those that want to see what full system builds can look like, I recommend you check out the micro-site http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/microsite/hafstacker/

The HAF Stacker has had some really impressive things done with it and since the biggest complaint is the front bezel, I want to ask: would it be something to consider if you could change the front panel to something different?

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

At $300-$400 this case is competitor to CaseLabs and I think it loses.  Caselabs offers more flexibility, a cleaner ascetic and superb build quality for a similar price. 

The 935 is 169.99 

an additional 915R/F would be 69.99 so it's actually way less than the range you mentioned :)

I love the idea of a modular case like this, but I think it looks ugly. It looks like it is part of a tank, not a part of my living room.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

We have some updates to the HAF Stacker coming and we'll share in the near future.

For those that want to see what full system builds can look like, I recommend you check out the micro-site http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/microsite/hafstacker/

The HAF Stacker has had some really impressive things done with it and since the biggest complaint is the front bezel, I want to ask: would it be something to consider if you could change the front panel to something different?

Impressive case, the rubber grommets looks disappointing though as in Linus's review they seem to fall out too easily. But for price and versatility I don't think there is better. Would be so easy to do dual custom loops with three of these.

Any other new plans you can share with us? Big fan of CoolerMaster cases (actually reviving an old HAF-932 for a custom watercooled project) and you guys seem kinda slow as of late with new product releases. Would love to see a Cosmos 3 or an all new HAF-X like case.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

finally! Ive been waiting for that review for months now!

But you didnt really cover all the watercooling options. It would be nice if they are listed here once again. Maybe @LinusTech could help me out here? ^^

(I mostly wanna know if you could put a 240 rad in the front if you remove the 2 hdd cages.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Impressive case, the rubber grommets looks disappointing though as in Linus's review they seem to fall out too easily. But for price and versatility I don't think there is better. Would be so easy to do dual custom loops with three of these.

Any other new plans you can share with us? Big fan of CoolerMaster cases (actually reviving an old HAF-932 for a custom watercooled project) and you guys seem kinda slow as of late with new product releases. Would love to see a Cosmos 3 or an all new HAF-X like case.

We were focused on really making the HAF Stacker the best it could be and now taking end user feedback to fine-tune the areas we may have missed.

As for new product release.. we have a lot that launched in the past few months including the Cosmos SE, CM 690 III, N600, and the HAF XB Evo.

The Stacker series looks awesome with how much hardware you can fit in it but... I vote for a Cosmos stylized mITX maybe mATX shoebox case.

i was really looking at this case for my last upgrade. but i went with the nzxt phantom 630 windowed edition, which i love. so i cant complain and until i need two systems im sticking with the nzxt.

I think one of the biggest complaint is the look of it. I think the overall general consensus is that people prefer clean, sleek looks over flamboyant, over the edge looks which the Stacker has.  It's like a HAF X.  People now prefer cases like the Corsair D series, or Fractual Design R4 cases.  If the Stacker had a similar look, it would destroy the 900D at a cheaper price.

this case is huge if u put it next to ur desk it will dwarf it.

but if i had the space i would get one

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''