Black Screen After Installing Nvidia Drivers From Disk and Newest Ones From Site

So I just built my PC and now I put in the driver disk that came with my ASUS DC2 GTX 780 and installed all the drivers and did the same with the newest drivers from the site. It asked me to reboot so I did and now I'm stuck at a black screen with my cursor. To get out, I have to enter safe mode and uninstall the drivers and restart in normal mode. In case it's important, I have a Maximus VI Hero and a 4670k.

when did the black screen occur?

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

when did the black screen occur?

Right after I reboot my machine to complete the driver installation.

Can you remove the drivers and try to re-install

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

Can you remove the drivers and try to re-install

I've done this numerous time, but only with the newest drivers and disk drivers and it doesn't help. I haven't tried that with the older ones however. 

To see if its the card try using the onboard graphics

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

To see if its the card try using the onboard graphics

Ok how would I go about doing that?

Remove Card ,and hook up monitor to rear IO on motherboard .

Boot PC,and onboards graphics will do the rest

Remove Card ,and hook up monitor to rear IO on motherboard .

Boot PC,and onboards graphics will do the rest

Can I just unplug the power connectors from the card?

Can I just unplug the power connectors from the card?

never tried like that,but you can it won't hurt nothing

Alright I'll try that.

Ok it didn't work so I just removed the card. The system is working on integrated graphics. What now?

I would uninstall the Nvidia drivers,shut down PC,install 780 again hook up monitor to it, and see if it boots to windows.

If it does, and everything is fine install this http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70737

If not then RMA that card

I would uninstall the Nvidia drivers,shut down PC,install 780 again hook up monitor to it, and see if it boots to windows.

If it does, and everything is fine install this http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70737

If not then RMA that card

....why rma i dont think its the fault of the gpu i think the issue is at the os like someone didnt uninstall old drivers becaus it will go to a black screen with cursor so that atleast shows that the gpu itself is working but when he goes into safe mode so it doesnt load any drivers and so it works so i would recomend a fresh install 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

....why rma i dont think its the fault of the gpu i think the issue is at the os like someone didnt uninstall old drivers becaus it will go to a black screen with cursor so that atleast shows that the gpu itself is working but when he goes into safe mode so it doesnt load any drivers and so it works so i would recomend a fresh install 

True,I would also with integrated graphics in Command Promp  run sfc/scannow

Its kinda hard to troubleshoot from my side.

you also try booting from a ubuntu live cd usb thingy and if it works fine then its definetly os related 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

How would I go about this. I haven't tried it yet and I'm pretty much up to try anything at this point.

Solution solved the mother****ing issue was the ******* hdmi cable was plugged in when it wasnt supposed to be hahahahahhahahahahahahha what the mother**** i was troubleshooting for 2 whole days and it never occurred to me!!!!!