800D Revamped [3770k, GTX 780, 2x360 rads] [CANCELLED]

VegardBS

Good news, everyone!

CBHkEFB.png

I have ordered more fittings and the second 360 radiator + fans!

The package should arrive on tuesday and im stoked

Edit: I want to change title on the thread, how does "Project 800D" sounds?

Hardware not good enough to brag about though.

My 800D buildlog

DSLR: Nikon D5100/kit lense + batterygrip

Here's some of the components im using in this build, not the best pictures but i'm learning after ever shoot :D

Edit: I will try to get hold of some better lightning as i'm only using a simple desk one.. I also changed title of the thread from "Vegards 800D project".

Some Bitspower goodness

h8SuD28.jpg

Phg8P4N.jpg

Here's the PL-1 fans from Noiseblocker, old and new design of boxes. I'll be using 6 of these bad boys

mZYbGkl.jpg

EQHJpDB.jpg

2x coolgate 360 rads, they're 7FPI so i'm able to use quiet fans in this build ^_^

ncHxffM.jpg

mnm0z06.jpg

VWhYGjU.jpg

My 800D buildlog

• 1 month later...
Drawing is so hard... I am working on the radiator brackets, but I'm not 100% sure about the design yet though. I feel this could work but I guess we'll find out :P

As you can see my drawing skills are not good at all lol. At these times i wish i was good in any sketching software.

This is the left bracket, I most likely will make it slimmer between the screw holes for the fans and make it stretch more to the right towards the bottom.

The right bracket is just a mirrored version of this.

Vz4yha2.jpg

And here we got the mid bracket. It won't be as sqaure as I drew it but i definetly hope this will work.

lC1JBwP.jpg

Scratch that, I forgot that I could just buy some mounts. *facepalm*

My 800D buildlog

That front is awesome. great idea

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

That front is awesome. great idea

Ty, I got the idea and inspiration from Singularity computers client build 8: Cytotoxic

so give him the credit :P

My 800D buildlog

The HDD cage is finally complete! Almost... All that is left is to paint this sucker. I am very pleased with the design of this all though I do not have very steady hands so the straight lines aren't as straight they could have been :P
And next week I hope I'll be ordering the radiator brackets.

QEcY6ty.jpg

odN5MHI.jpg

mBwAvro.jpg

Here's the old bulky hotswap next to the new compact PainInTheAssToSwapDrives-cage.

vTziiVm.jpg

My 800D buildlog

How big is the difference between 980, 970 and a 780ti? I will finally be able to upgrade my GPU soon, but i cant directly afford a 980 yet.

Also, the radiator brackets are on their way!

And another thing, do you think it's worth it to get a hold of 10mm thick glossy acrylic sheet to cover all the holes in the bottom? I can also mount the radiator and HDD cage outside of the 800D with proper M3 or M4 screws instead of rivets.

My 800D buildlog

I was loosing motivation quite fast again, but then I decided to test fit a few components. I think this is going to turn out pretty decent.

The blanking plate is just some test piece of junk, so I wont use this one.

XHtMId8.png

rhdcBqG.png

PD81kjI.png

nthrM8j.png

My 800D buildlog

• 2 weeks later...

What a bummer... The HDD cage does not fit so I may have to find some way else to mount the harddrives or go all SSDs (which i cant afford now).

Most likely I will dump this 800D and buy a TJ11 or something LD.

So sick of this case now.

Edit: Decided for a LittleDevil PC-V8

My 800D buildlog

That's too bad! That 800D was starting to look good I think you would of done a hell of a job with it :) 

My solution to taking out my HDD cage was buying a 4-bay external and slapping all my HDD in that and just 2 way taping my SSD's in the case :)

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

I was thinking about getting a 512GB SSD and buying a plug'nplay Nas/homeserver but instead im buying a black/black LittleDevil PC-V8 :)

I was not really happy with how my mods turned out anyways.

My 800D buildlog

I was thinking about getting a 512GB SSD and buying a plug'nplay Nas/homeserver but instead im buying a black/black LittleDevil PC-V8 :)

I was not really happy with how my mods turned out anyways.

Don't dump the case though. Put it in storage, that way you can come back to it if an idea hits you. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Yeah i'll most likely put it away in the box. But I will probably not go back to working on it, maybe I'll put everything back in and donate it to my family when they need a new pc.

My 800D buildlog

Ok, so I am completely lost, confused and filled with questionmarks :unsure: I cant afford a LittleDevil PC-V8 after all and I cant find any other cases that fill my needs so I don't really have any other options than finishing the 800D.

I am sorry for not making proper decisions and not doing this the right way so now I won't post any updates til what I've started is finished. Which means there won't be a update for a loooong time.

My 800D buildlog

Ok, so I am completely lost, confused and filled with questionmarks :unsure: I cant afford a LittleDevil PC-V8 after all and I cant find any other cases that fill my needs so I don't really have any other options than finishing the 800D.

I am sorry for not making proper decisions and not doing this the right way so now I won't post any updates til what I've started is finished. Which means there won't be a update for a loooong time.

This is what happens when you start doing a lot of big mods to a case, and by the end you will know that it was worth it. Hope to see this one finished because so far it has been really cool to see your progress.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

I found a bug between my ram sticks when upgrading my cpu, ohh what a death it must of been.

My 800D buildlog

The 780 has arrived! It runs very hot though, does anyone know where I can buy thermal pads for the stock cooler? And I probably need a new set for the EK full cover block too...

My 800D buildlog

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to take a guess what this will turn out to? 

Also, I'm probably not looking good enough, but does anyone know any sellers on Ebay (preferable from the UK) who sells a set of different length M3/M4 nuts and bolts?

tVhcbAg.jpg

My 800D buildlog

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! Or bad news? 

Anyways, we are doing some renovating in our basement, so I will in a couple weeks/months have a nice and clean workshop! The downside to this is of course that I wont be able to work on this case for another couple weeks sadly. I know I keep holding back working on it but oh well... In the meantime I will try to learn myself Sketchup so I can show you my plans  :wacko:

My 800D buildlog

• 2 weeks later...

I painted the HDD bracket, sadly I did not have time to let it dry properly (as i did it at school) and someone had touched it so there's fingerprints on them... This is the colour I want to paint the case in, but I will most likely go for a darker colour. Also, this 780 is massive compared to my old 6950  :blink:

4Nat3sw.png

6F9fPOj.png

My 800D buildlog

Really interested in this build. Keep up the good work!

IronHide v-4.0 - Current: 2700k (@5.0ghz), MSI Z77 GD65, G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2133, EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI, Asus Xonar DX 7.1, Kingston ssDNow 240GB Raid 0 SSD, WD Black 2TB Raid 0, Corsair Gold AX 1200, Corsair 800D (Customized), Custom watercooling loop.

SnoBot - In Progress: 4790k, EVGA Z97 Classified, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 2400, Galax GTX 980 HOF SLi, Creative Sound Blaster Z (Customized), Intel 730 480GB x 4 Raid 0, WD Black 3TB, Corsair AX 1200i, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White (Customized), Custom Intel All-in-One Liquid Cooler, 

Will there be any more updates, looking forward!

I'd guess I will be able to work on it in a couple of months, as mentioned earlier we are renovating our basement and I'll get a good sized workshop to play around in :D.

Really interested in this build. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

My 800D buildlog

Still a lot that needs to be done though.

I should probably make a list....

My 800D buildlog

• 3 months later...

I am sorry for no progress and no updates for you guys... But I had to install some sort of ghetto loop not long ago because our family computer's GPU failed, my 6950 ended up in a old dell and the stock cooler for my 780 was overheating the gpu because of some missing screws. Atleast I know the second hand 780 works!

89Eyvhk.jpg

uLA3fNc.png

7CYaICa.png

Dominator platinum ram so nice looking  :wub:

geBUDiN.png

My 800D buildlog