Should I Start a Tech Channel on YouTube?

Hello everyone!

I really want to start a tech channel again on YouTube, I had one before but got rid of it because I made 2 videos and then left it for like 6 months. So I want to start up again, with a fresh name, website, social accounts and whatever else. Do you guys think if it's a good idea if I do so? 

I mean I want to, but I want the communities opinion as well. I would probably do unboxings, TRUTHFUL reviews, giveaways, tutorials and the odd video here and there. 

Please let me know what you guys think! (And maybe give me some name suggestions, seeing how I suck at thinking of names) ;)

It's all about personality and experience! If you have time and you want to go for it

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

It will take about 1 year to get started. You can do it as a hobby but not a job, not yet at least.

Quote me to get a reply!

I dont see why not. Word of advice: Do NOT do this full time. Get a job, and do it as a hobby until you get +100K subscribers. Then you should still do other stuff, even if its a simple as working someplace like NCIX. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

do it as a hobby i am not trying to crus your dreams but it will take you a long timt to grow unless you have access to the brand new hardware before it comes out for reatil sale.

Since Linus is shying away from unboxings to focus on other things, maybe you can fill that gap?

If its youtube I'd pack my bags from Google and upload elsewhere. Google is getting worst everyday. One of these days they are going to get so bad they are going to loose users. I'm already thinking option g out of android is to Ubuntu. Just waiting g for stable Ubuntu on my n4

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

meh i dont know its really hard to get subs on YT since there are so many famous people out there. try it , but only if u have the time to dedicate to it and only if u r doing it for fun.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Thanks for all the feedback guys! That was quick! And yes, my plan was just to do it as a hobby and not a full time job :P Now... I need a name :/ And I suck at thinking of names... Any suggestions or feedback about this topic?

If you have the desire for it and the money then yes. It will proberly be exspensive to get started cause i dont think you will get free stuff. Maybe make some tech shows that dont  depends on daily review/unboxings.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Only do it if you love it. If you have intentions of making tons of money, don't even bother

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Try something new that hasn't been done, it may bet people more interested in it.  I don't have any ideas but if you put some effort into it then I think people will find you, Also, promote your shit somewhere (not in others comment sections)  Just by sitting there and uploading great vids won't get you nearly as far as marketing it, or so ive been told anyway

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

First of all, this is your decision and you should be doing it because you want too, not because we tell you too. However, it seems like you do want to do this so by all means give it your best shot!

My advice would be to be ready to invest the time and money. If you don't have videos coming out fairly often (I'd say at least 1-2 a week) then viewers will lose interest and won't subscribe. Also, unless you have a bunch of old parts lying around your house you're not going to be able to rely on whats in your current PC to give you enough material. It'll take some time before any manufacturer sends you there product so don't even think about that for now.

Anyway that's my advice. Go for it.

FX 8350 | MSI 650ti BOOST | Gigabyte 970A-UD3P | Corsair CX 430

Diablotek Evo | WD Caviar Green 1TB 

Linus Tech Tips Fan!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I don't understand why its so hard for me to think of a name though! I sort of already have video idea's I just can't think of a name! Lol