Sleeper Rig

Kazuhiro

What does BLOTW stand for lol? Sorry Im new here

Build log of the week, assuming Linus and @Slick understand what a "sleeper" concept is since some people don't seem to appreciate it. 

Error: 410

Awesome :o

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Haha yeah, I guess that is one of the benefits. I made sure the cards didnt sit too close together by slotting a foam chunk inbetween, at the power input. 

Any ideas how i can keep improving on this build? Maybe some ambient light etc

Are you thinking eerie light leaking out of the case - through the various cutouts for the drives and buttons in front, and out the venting on the back?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I don't think I will ever be able to look at a stock 13 year old PC the same way ever again :)

DAT CASE

me_gusta_by_rober_raik-d4clrpu.png

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

@LinusTech @Slick Build logs of the week...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Damn.. That is a clean and stealthy build you got there. Impressive. I'm quite surprised that you've management to make it look that clean, in an old case, with a wc installed

Owh yeah, if I may, I would like to request for any cable management photos from the back. Must be pretty tight

Damn.. That is a clean and stealthy build you got there. Impressive. I'm quite surprised that you've management to make it look that clean, in an old case, with a wc installed

Owh yeah, if I may, I would like to request for any cable management photos from the back. Must be pretty tight

I'll get around to that soon for you....

just to warn you, it is rather ghetto at the back, just cable ties/duct tape and folding under the case lips at the edges.

this case really wasnt designed for it haha

god damn amazing.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Thats awesome if u turned up to a lan everyone be thinking its balls and then u open the side panel and jaw drop everyone what are your temps like?

Awesomeness...great to show off at LAN parties

Could you imagine peoples faces when your crappy looking banger gets a higher fps in the latest games than their super flashy box.

This really is an awesome build now I just wish I had not thrown out that old 386 lol. What really needs to be done now is mod an old CRT monitor to hold a newer panel.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Kazuhiro, on 17 Dec 2013 - 1:04 PM, said:

I'll get around to that soon for you....

just to warn you, it is rather ghetto at the back, just cable ties/duct tape and folding under the case lips at the edges.

this case really wasnt designed for it haha

Haha that's why I wanna see it. There must be some socery going on back there that somehow you've managed to fit all those cable. :D

Could you imagine peoples faces when your crappy looking banger gets a higher fps in the latest games than their super flashy box.

This really is an awesome build now I just wish I had not thrown out that old 386 lol. What really needs to be done now is mod an old CRT monitor to hold a newer panel.

True to that...I can imagine so many jaws dropping.

Nice!

Awesome use of that old case, I wish I'd saved my old windows 95 computer and built my new one in it, but we threw that out years ago.

Still might try to put my old desktop inside an Xbox 360 case.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Sheer brilliance. The 3DFX sticker just finishes it off perfectly.

Bravo !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I would man, but I'd have to purchase some reference cards for that, which I can't be bothered getting now. 

Just got stung with some import tax on a korean 1440p, cost me $414nzd and $108nzd import tax!

Heres my old radiator that wouldnt fit underneath the graphics cards! Ended up selling it off cheap lol

3tXDVYS.jpg

Really cool

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715