Are these specs good for a gaming PC?

StareX

Hello guys! I have built my friend a gaming PC that will ensure him the best experience he can get out of games for 1080p.. He's looking for something cheap ofcourse and here are the specs I've chosen him:

Fractal Design Define Mini - For the PC Case

Corsair RM750 750W - Excellent power supply, the new RM series from Corsair

Asus GRYPHON Z87 - Small and reliable, I am sure I can build something good out of it

Intel Core i5-4570 - He doesn't OC, so no need fancy shnizle..

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX - Enough for him..

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHz F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR (SNIPER) - Not a hardcore editor, 8GB is enough.

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 Gaming 2GB - Far as I'm concerned, I love the look of this card.

In Total: 5230 Israeli Shekels equals to 1,494.50 Dollars (I KNOW IN THE US/CANADA PRICES ARE BETTER :( but taxes.)

In US: It should be 800-900 Dollars nonetheless

Anyway, what do you guys think?

And another one cheaper, similar parts:

Corsair Graphite 230T Or the NZXT Phantom - PC Case

Corsair RM750 750W

Asus Z87-A

Intel Core i5-4570

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHz SNIPER

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB

In Total: 5,160.00 ILS = 1,474.50 USD (CUZ AGAIN, TAXES ARE HUGE!)

In US, it should be 700-900 Dollars.

Now he needs something small to fit his needs, I know the Gryphon is a superb motherboard and in no doubt he should buy the Gryphon, but the Z87-A is a good motherboard too which makes it hard to decide.

Whacha think? :)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Damn, tone down that power supply to a 550W or 650W... You only need that much wattage for SLI..

Not to be nitpicky or anything but usually you should go for 1600 mhz ram and take a look at the ASUS 760, I prefer it's looks myself but it's always opinion.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Damn, tone down that power supply to a 550W or 650W... You only need that much wattage for SLI..

Yes, he wants future upgrades, so that is why I put 750w... I could even put 500watts .. but I have bad history with 500watts.. :/

and there's a 6 percent difference between 1333Mhz to 1600MHz.. He doesn't need that.. but it'll be aight to upgrade it in the future since both boards are good....

Ask me anything.

Yes, he wants future upgrades, so that is why I put 750w... I could even put 500watts .. but I have bad history with 500watts.. :/

It's better to get a single card than SLI due to power and scaling... and even the 780 Ti would probably only need 650W...

I agree.. but he'll remain with a 760 for a while... also I think I might agree with you on the 650w.. I mean, it's only a 5-10 dollars difference lol...

Ask me anything.

Hello guys! I have built my friend a gaming PC that will ensure him the best experience he can get out of games for 1080p.. He's looking for something cheap ofcourse and here are the specs I've chosen him:

Fractal Design Define Mini - For the PC Case

Corsair RM750 750W - Excellent power supply, the new RM series from Corsair

Asus GRYPHON Z87 - Small and reliable, I am sure I can build something good out of it

Intel Core i5-4570 - He doesn't OC, so no need fancy shnizle..

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX - Enough for him..

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHz F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR (SNIPER) - Not a hardcore editor, 8GB is enough.

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 Gaming 2GB - Far as I'm concerned, I love the look of this card.

In Total: 5230 Israeli Shekels equals to 1,494.50 Dollars (I KNOW IN THE US/CANADA PRICES ARE BETTER :( but taxes.)

In US: It should be 800-900 Dollars nonetheless

Anyway, what do you guys think?

And another one cheaper, similar parts:

Corsair Graphite 230T Or the NZXT Phantom - PC Case

Corsair RM750 750W

Asus Z87-A

Intel Core i5-4570

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHz SNIPER

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB

In Total: 5,160.00 ILS = 1,474.50 USD (CUZ AGAIN, TAXES ARE HUGE!)

In US, it should be 700-900 Dollars.

Now he needs something small to fit his needs, I know the Gryphon is a superb motherboard and in no doubt he should buy the Gryphon, but the Z87-A is a good motherboard too which makes it hard to decide.

Whacha think? :)

No SLI or OC on CPU, you could go with an H87 chip set for cheaper. I would recommend the gigabyte board, all the features you could use.

Also, Get an SSD!!!

and there's a 6 percent difference between 1333Mhz to 1600MHz.. He doesn't need that.. but it'll be aight to upgrade it in the future since both boards are good....

500, 550, 600, 650... not important, until your PSU is made by a good manufacturer

It's better to get a single card than SLI due to power and scaling... and even the 780 Ti would probably only need 650W...

True, my system only needs a 450 W PSU, even that may be just slightly OP (I think it takes 380 W at absolute maximum) and I have my i7 overclocked and am running a 660 Ti. 

Sorry to see those huge prices, man. :(

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Well,if i were you,i would get 1600MHz ram, downgrade the psu,and get a K series processor.(the first build).

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I agree.. but he'll remain with a 760 for a while... also I think I might agree with you on the 650w.. I mean, it's only a 5-10 dollars difference lol...

A good 650w would be enough for a 760 sli. 

A decent 500w is already plenty.

Get a cheaper mobo. You don't need a z87 chipset if you're not oc'ing.

If you're on a budget, get a cheaper case and definitely a smaller psu.

Add a ssd. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Z87 Gryphon is indeed a fine motherboard. But its use in this build is not optimal. The cpu you've choosen is not unlocked so I presume there is no wish to overclock. In which case and if there is no plan to SLI, I'd suggest considering the Asus B85M-G or B85M-E. Otherwise the Asus Z87-A motherboard would be an excellent choice. If you want the option to overclock change to an i5-4670K cpu.

I have no idea what memory prices are like where you shop. I'd suggest getting 2x4GB DDR3-1600MHz memory.

In some places the Seagate Barracuda 1TB is less expensive than the Caviar Blue 1TB. It's a good drive. In my opinion better than the Blue.

If going with the Z87-A, check out pricing for cases like the Antec Three Hundred, Corsair R200, Cooler Master N200, and Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0. The cases are also good for mATX builds but you may want to look at smaller mATX specific cases. like the Cooler Master N200.

If the budget permits, go with a GTX 770 or R9 280X. This would mean getting a high quality 550W or a good 600W psu. XFX often has good pricing for their units. Seasonic is of course a builder of quality psu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

A good 650w would be enough for a 760 sli. 

A decent 500w is already plenty.

Get a cheaper mobo. You don't need a z87 chipset if you're not oc'ing.

If you're on a budget, get a cheaper case and definitely a smaller psu.

Add a ssd. 

agreed ssd is essential in my mind adds such a big performance boost and that psu is way over kill

Anyone keen for some online gaming hit me up!

Lol so what about this?

Corsair Graphite 230T - Case

Corsair RM650 650W

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Intel Core i5-4570

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CML8GX3M2A1600C9W

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 Gaming 2GB

Now?

Ask me anything.

Lol so what about this?

Corsair Graphite 230T - Case

Corsair RM650 650W

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Intel Core i5-4570

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CML8GX3M2A1600C9W

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 Gaming 2GB

Now?

Looks ok.

Looks good to me. You could go with an even lower wattage PSU.

@WereCat - Changed the specs.. and I want him to feel he can upgrade in the future so I won't limit him :) .. Like me, I got a Toughpower grand 850watts Powersupply, too overkill that I leave 300-400watts left in my PSU that I don't use .. but I know I want to upgrade in the future.. :P

Ask me anything.

@WereCat - Changed the specs.. and I want him to feel he can upgrade in the future so I won't limit him :) .. Like me, I got a Toughpower grand 850watts Powersupply, too overkill that I leave 300-400watts left in my PSU that I don't use .. but I know I want to upgrade in the future.. :P

Depends on what kind of upgrade. If you mean geting aditional gtx 760 then 550W is OK, of course quality builded PSU is needed. If you mean upgrading from 760 to 780 then again 550W is enough. In full load after OC I use around 380-400W and I know that my particular PSU can barely handle 770 SLI oc because its awesome build quality + a little more.

Build you posted should be under 400W at full load after oc.. Probably around 320W.

Go 600 max 650W then, if you really need but I think that upgrading from 760 to SLI in future will be pointless and he will be better to go with better single GPU that would again as I said.. not use 550W PSU to its fullest.

OK, but specs are all good?

Ask me anything.

your looking good

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I would probably get some faster ram, the amount is fine, but the 1600 would be better.

Yup.. I updated the specs to a 1600MHz Corsair one.. cheap price :))

Got them even lower..

Corsair Carbide Series 300R

Corsair RM650 650W

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Intel Core i5-4570

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CML8GX3M2A1600C9B

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC GDDR5

Looking bright and shiny!

Ask me anything.

The R9 series from AMD should be considered since most punch above their weight in bench marks... other than that, seems sweet. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

The R9 series from AMD should be considered since most punch above their weight in bench marks... other than that, seems sweet.

I agree.. but I heard drivers are not functioning right? or am I wrong? I got till March to decide on what parts should he buy..

Ask me anything.

I agree.. but I heard drivers are not functioning right? or am I wrong? I got till March to decide on what parts should he buy..

Your good for now. But by February things will have changed and you should check back.